Post Likes

Ycas compressor leak

We recently installed new slide valve springs and oil bypass kits on two Dxs compressors.
    One compressor started leaking at the main seal (The seal that you have to stretch over the body to install). So we ordered a new gasket and replaced it again. I couldn't find any reason for the leak, I figured we might have rushed it the first time. So we took our time and thoroughly cleaned all debris off the head and body. We also torqued everything to spec. Now the same spot is leaking again. Going to replace gasket again. Any words of advice?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smsmechanical View Post
    We recently installed new slide valve springs and oil bypass kits on two Dxs compressors.
    One compressor started leaking at the main seal (The seal that you have to stretch over the body to install). So we ordered a new gasket and replaced it again. I couldn't find any reason for the leak, I figured we might have rushed it the first time. So we took our time and thoroughly cleaned all debris off the head and body. We also torqued everything to spec. Now the same spot is leaking again. Going to replace gasket again. Any words of advice?
    I have had similar issues with other manufacturers. I now always apply small amount of 515 loctite on all o-rings a little goes along way. Good luck

Post Likes
    I am going to start tomorrow. How long to let the gasket shrink back down? It's getting pretty warm here. I would think an hour would be fine. ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smsmechanical View Post
    I am going to start tomorrow. How long to let the gasket shrink back down? It's getting pretty warm here. I would think an hour would be fine. ??
    I not i would wait very long, once 515 is on fit into grove and seal it up. Remember a little goes a long way, just thin coat on o-ring.
    Good luck

Post Likes
    Got it back together. I am letting it dry for a day before vacuum.

Post Likes
    Quick update. The other O ring on the suction side of the compressor is now leaking. My helper Crushed part of the gasket. It came out of the track. Got a new one already. Installing it Monday.