Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    There is a contractor locator on this site. Call a local professional, pay their fee, and they'll "help" you. We cannot assist with DIY, and this kinda sounds like DIY to me. Toocool has already hinted at the problems heading your way with this "install" job. Go ahead and call the "company" you bought this from and demand they supply an "inverted loop" for this job. I dare you.....Aw heck, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU......(loved that show..)
    I don't think you understand what I did. I just bought the equipment. I hired a local contractor to disconnect the existing equipment. I put the the coil in the attic and did the ductwork and drain plumbing. Then the contractor came back and hooked everything up and started it up. I already asked him about the loop. I was just looking for a second opinion.

Did he reuse the old line set? Did it have an inverted loop.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Did he reuse the old line set? Did it have an inverted loop.
    Yes, he used the old line set, which did not have any loops. It's probably about 20' from the inside unit to the outside unit.

The inverted trap requirement has been around for a long long time. Does your line set rise higher then your coil at any point. Does the line set have any incline before it goes outside.
    Contractor locator map

Had a local inspector tell me I would have issues with oil return because of inverted trap. Showed him the installation manual. He did not have much else to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomg View Post
    If you read my original post, you would know that I did not actually install this equipment.
    Oh, I read your original post and if you understand mine you would understand that I didn't even suggest that YOU installed it.

I dare anyone here to explain the logic in engineering speak why an inverted loop is necessary, helpful or required.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

I recently had my split system AC unit replaced. I purchased and set the equipment myself and hired an AC technician to do the rest.
    That means a portion of this job is DIY.
    You went cheap & bought the equipment to save a few bucks (and have no warranty BTW). I'm betting the only thing the "installer" did was connect lineset & charge.
    Have him explain it to you & correct it if need be.
    You won't get much help here for internet purchased equipment.

I have had lots of internet discussions, but I've never met any ruder people than some on this thread. I've rather come to expect this from HVAC people though. They seem to think selling and installing new equipment is their God given right. Well, I'm here to tell you it's not. I now have two of these systems installed and I'm sure they will they will last a very long time. The installed cost is less than half of what it would have cost if I'd have hired it all out, so it's not a minor deal to someone who doesn't have a lot of money. So you who think you are entitled somehow to do what I can do for myself and charge me for the privilege, drop dead for all I care.

For those that had a helpful word or two thanks and best of luck to you. I'll not be back here ever.

I have had lots of internet discussions, but I've never met any ruder people than some on this thread. I've rather come to expect this from HVAC people though. They seem to think selling and installing new equipment is their God given right. Well, I'm here to tell you it's not. I now have two of these systems installed and I'm sure they will they will last a very long time. The installed cost is less than half of what it would have cost if I'd have hired it all out, so it's not a minor deal to someone who doesn't have a lot of money. So you who think you are entitled somehow to do what I can do for myself and charge me for the privilege, drop dead for all I care.

For those that had a helpful word or two thanks and best of luck to you. I'll not be back here ever.
    well then...... that will do you a lot of good..... who's rude here.... i believe you were extremely rude....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post

I dare anyone here to explain the logic in engineering speak why an inverted loop is necessary, helpful or required.
    Protects the compressor from oil lugging on start up.
    Contractor locator map

The reason one would use a contractor is to protect oneself from the liability of a catastrophy, also you could be hurt installing it which would probably also void your homeowners insurance. You have mistaken rudeness for brutal honesty, sometimes people don't hear very well when things are sugar coated.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Protects the compressor from oil lugging on start up.
    Nope
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Allows liquid to boil off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast