Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suction Line Inverted Loop

Post Likes
    I have had lots of internet discussions, but I've never met any ruder people than some on this thread. I've rather come to expect this from HVAC people though. They seem to think selling and installing new equipment is their God given right. Well, I'm here to tell you it's not. I now have two of these systems installed and I'm sure they will they will last a very long time. The installed cost is less than half of what it would have cost if I'd have hired it all out, so it's not a minor deal to someone who doesn't have a lot of money. So you who think you are entitled somehow to do what I can do for myself and charge me for the privilege, drop dead for all I care.

For those that had a helpful word or two thanks and best of luck to you. I'll not be back here ever.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomg View Post
    I have had lots of internet discussions, but I've never met any ruder people than some on this thread. I've rather come to expect this from HVAC people though. They seem to think selling and installing new equipment is their God given right. Well, I'm here to tell you it's not. I now have two of these systems installed and I'm sure they will they will last a very long time. The installed cost is less than half of what it would have cost if I'd have hired it all out, so it's not a minor deal to someone who doesn't have a lot of money. So you who think you are entitled somehow to do what I can do for myself and charge me for the privilege, drop dead for all I care.

For those that had a helpful word or two thanks and best of luck to you. I'll not be back here ever.
    well then...... that will do you a lot of good..... who's rude here.... i believe you were extremely rude....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post

I dare anyone here to explain the logic in engineering speak why an inverted loop is necessary, helpful or required.
    Protects the compressor from oil lugging on start up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomg View Post

The reason one would use a contractor is to protect oneself from the liability of a catastrophy, also you could be hurt installing it which would probably also void your homeowners insurance. You have mistaken rudeness for brutal honesty, sometimes people don't hear very well when things are sugar coated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Protects the compressor from oil lugging on start up.
    Nope
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Post Likes
    Allows liquid to boil off.

Post Likes
    The inverted loop helps to prevent the liquid refrigerant, that migrates to/condenses in the evaporator coil in the off cycle, from running down the suction line to the compressor on start-up.
    That is the reason pretty much every equipment manufacturer, and piping guide, calls for the inverted loop when the coil is above the outdoor unit.

As has been pointed out, depending on how the piping inside the coil enclosure is piped from the factory, and the orientation of the coil, the suction line may already be routed higher than the rest of the coil before it even leaves the cabinet.
    I always rout the refrigerant lines up after exiting the cabinet anyway.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    Nope
    Yep, it does.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 02-07-2013 at 05:57 AM. Reason: non AOP member

Post Likes
    jatinder.bhargav

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in