Fireplace parts distributor's

Fireplace parts distributor's

Im starting to get a lot more fireplace trouble calls lately and was hoping someone could recommend a good distributor for replacement parts? Also which parts should I have on hand? I will be getting my propane gas fitters this spring and i work on becoming NFI certified also. I'm a HVAC guy but have getting more and more fireplace calls lately and I actually really like working on them. Word of mouth with these is like wild fire in my area. Thanks

hearthman is offline AOP Committee/Professional Member*
    Well, you should be buying your parts OEM so contact the mfrs. of the products you encounter the most. There are a few supply houses in the hearth industry that you can get general supplies from . Join the MAHPBA and you'll get to meet the reps. at the annual meeting in June at Valley Forge, Pa You can take your NFI exams there, too.

Do the mfgs sell wholesale to the professionals? Or is the same price across the board? Also when I'm doing the cleaning on a gas insert would it be normal to replace the lava rocks or just take them out and rinse them off or something like that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

hearthman is offline AOP Committee/Professional Member*
    There may be a class in June at the MAHPBA show on how to perform a gas fireplace service if I can get them to move it to Sunday. I've been asked to present it.

You can clean the lava rock as desired but no, it does not need to be replaced. Some mfrs. will set you up as a parts only dealer and sell wholesale to you. Others don't want to be bothered and if you're lucky they'll gruffly suggest you check with your local dealer of that brand. This industry has really gone to heck in a handbasket. Attend the show and many of your questions will be answered there. You will meet many influential people, make friends, and learn a lot. There will be literature, table top displays, etc. Talk to the MAHPBA.