Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    It is probably because they don't have a dealer program. They basically just buy and sell the equipment. That is what the Johnstones around here do. They aren't very good in terms of support. They are a general parts house, not a distributor. As a consequence, they just aren't set up to support you the way that they should. Johnstones in my area have been responsible for the downfall of some name brands because of the fact that they sell equipment to ANYONE and offer no support or training. As a result, all the hacks buy their equipment from them, that equipment goes in incorrectly, the units do not run the way they should and the brand gets a bad name. The issue of course isn't the equipment but the fact that johnstone is willing to sell to anyone with money and offers no training or support. You should get your equipment from a real distributor instead of a parts house. Of course JS is a franchise and each one is run differently... this does not apply across the board. I know some Johnstones that participate in dealer programs and are very good but that seems to be more of an exception to the rule than the standard. Good luck
    Sounds about right based on my level of support I have received.

What particularly troubling is they move a lot of Goodman and they DO provide good support for the Goodman buyers.

Yeah, they sell goodmam in our area. I don't know why they would do that and i am surprised that two different manufacturers would allow them to sell their equipment. Sounds shady.

Thanks, Dillion

I would gladly pay for the manual from any helpful forum member with access to UPG.

Uncle Clover would say the same if his Professional posting privileges had no been permanently rescinded.

Thanks, Dillion

I would gladly pay for the manual from any helpful forum member with access to UPG.

Uncle Clover would say the same if his Professional posting privileges had no been permanently rescinded.

We have Johnstone here in Huntsville,AL and man did you hit the nail on the head!!!

No customer service after the sale!

I have also found this to be the case for Three States in Jackson,TN..but I was pleasantly suprised with the service from them here in Huntsville.

I guess it all comes down to who they have working there, as with all things customer service is king!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12