Follet Medical Fridge

Follet Medical Fridge

Yesterday I worked on a Follet mod# Ref5. The fridge just wasn't keeping temp (range set between 3-8 degrees Celsius). The condenser was clean and I inspected for any trace signs of oil. This machine has 0" needed for side clearances but I could not find out if there is any specific clearance needed for the back side. Basically I took the fridge away from the wall and within a half hour, the temp was right back in its acceptable range. I'm just wondering, am I on the right track.

It would seem so. Heat gotta go somewhere.

thanks Tommy, the fridge was right against the wall with air being sucked through the bottom front and being discharged outta the bottom back. These fridges are supposed to be able to be mounted under countertops, but in the manual I couldn't find any specifications about clearances on the backside. Now the fridge is 3" away from the back wall. And so far, no call back.

Someone may have removed the positive clearance bumpers that prevent flush contact and therefore airflow pathway.
    I have seen this done so the front of the cooler lines up with the existing counter. If the customer needs the front flush, they may be open to cutting a transfer hole through the wall to the next room. Of course you'll want to ensure that doesn't create problems in itself.

That's not a bad idea koolkahuna, thanks.