Non-gun owners should be charged a tax. 5% on all purchases. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 51
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,924
    Not at all, but understood you will not be calling them as much either, or the urgency is not so much if you have a gun in most cases.

    Look at Chicago, a raping ground for criminals rum amok, they need more police there. I think the people should have guns, but that is a personal opinion I do not wish to impose on another person. So if they pay a tax, they get more police that they need.

    In some of my thinking, everyone should own a gun as a matter of personal responsibility, and in my heart I know that is not right for everyone. So let the irresponsible ones pay a tax, they are buying responsibility in this way. It is a compromise. A partnership between gun owners and non gun owners.

    + more police on the streets.

    Everyone is happy. Gun owners and gunophobes live happily ever after. Together.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

    Not sure about a gun database, just proof of ownership. There may be more guns, so I think that would work.

    Persons who do not own a gun a gun are IN FACT weak and defenseless in certain known crime situations. This is a known and proven fact, when little girls and old women have an equalizer of force with a gun in hand. Kung Fu whoop ass guy..... LOL
    So you are telling me that you are pro Obamacare?

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Not at all, but understood you will not be calling them as much either, or the urgency is not so much if you have a gun in most cases.

    Look at Chicago, a raping ground for criminals rum amok, they need more police there. I think the people should have guns, but that is a personal opinion I do not wish to impose on another person. So if they pay a tax, they get more police that they need.

    In some of my thinking, everyone should own a gun as a matter of personal responsibility, and in my heart I know that is not right for everyone. So let the irresponsible ones pay a tax, they are buying responsibility in this way. It is a compromise. A partnership between gun owners and non gun owners.

    + more police on the streets.

    Everyone is happy. Gun owners and gunophobes live happily ever after. Together.
    I don't mind paying the tax....it's that you are basically calling me and others an irresponsible child for not owning a firearm.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Sweden has the right idea. Train everybody, and put an automatic weapon in nearly every home.

    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I don't mind paying the tax....it's that you are basically calling me and others an irresponsible child for not owning a firearm.
    More like subjects.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,127
    Obama is calling all of us irresponsible children and making us pay taxes for all his BS special agendas esp. paying off his political cronies. He says soldiers are too irresponsible to make decisions for themselves even though he also says teen girls can decide by themselves if they want an abortion or not.

    It's hard to hire more cops because they are unionized and cost too much. Some of the workers in large cities make obscene salaries and their pensions are out of sight. They have priced themselves out of a job.

    I don't like taxes of any kind. I think its stealing. If people don't want to carry a gun, then let them be bait for the rodents who are burning our cities down. A man who chooses to live in Alaska without a rifle to protect himself from bears has no sense of self preservation and is offering himself up as a snack. Same with anyone unarmed.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,924
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So you are telling me that you are pro Obamacare?
    No, this is basically a gun topic. I didn't think Obamacare figured into the mix, but I am pretty certain Obama is not going to advocate levying a tax on non gun owners. Not as a priority issue anyway, he is going to screw us all. LOL
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,924
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I don't mind paying the tax....it's that you are basically calling me and others an irresponsible child for not owning a firearm.
    Well, you are mostly defenseless. You need police. I don't quite as much as you. If you do not mind paying the extra tax, then we are on the same page my friend. You will get more police protection and the criminals will have more obstacle to running over unarmed neighborhoods and homes.

    It is a win/win situation.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

    No, this is basically a gun topic. I didn't think Obamacare figured into the mix, but I am pretty certain Obama is not going to advocate levying a tax on non gun owners. Not as a priority issue anyway, he is going to screw us all. LOL
    Making people pay tax for something that may or may not happen to them is similar to making them pay insurance. Obama wants to take your tax dollars and give them to a doctor when your neighbor gets sick. You want to take my tax dollars and give them to a cop when my neighbor goes to the the bad side of town and gets mugged.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

    Well, you are mostly defenseless. You need police. I don't quite as much as you. If you do not mind paying the extra tax, then we are on the same page my friend. You will get more police protection and the criminals will have more obstacle to running over unarmed neighborhoods and homes.

    It is a win/win situation.
    I need the police? Hahaha... my uncle's a cop...most of my friends are cops...trust me I'm not calling them....ever.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Well, you are mostly defenseless. You need police. I don't quite as much as you. If you do not mind paying the extra tax, then we are on the same page my friend. You will get more police protection and the criminals will have more obstacle to running over unarmed neighborhoods and homes.

    It is a win/win situation.
    I have no problem paying taxes for services that assist me and my community.

    So lets agree on your principle, so to even the equation out, it would be fair to say that the majority of guns at one time where legal, there for any illegal act which has a gun involved (if at any stage the gun was legal), and then the cost associated would then be taxed against all gun owners.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,924
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Obama is calling all of us irresponsible children and making us pay taxes for all his BS special agendas esp. paying off his political cronies. He says soldiers are too irresponsible to make decisions for themselves even though he also says teen girls can decide by themselves if they want an abortion or not.

    It's hard to hire more cops because they are unionized and cost too much. Some of the workers in large cities make obscene salaries and their pensions are out of sight. They have priced themselves out of a job.

    I don't like taxes of any kind. I think its stealing. If people don't want to carry a gun, then let them be bait for the rodents who are burning our cities down. A man who chooses to live in Alaska without a rifle to protect himself from bears has no sense of self preservation and is offering himself up as a snack. Same with anyone unarmed.
    Well, at the end of the day,... I don't want to see unarmed people getting hurt because they are weak and defenseless. Owning a gun is not practical for everyone. Don't want it, can't use it, or quite frankly don't need it because they have an aluminum baseball bat and a mean swing. But they are not a crime deterrent in general, not in the way gun owners are. So tax them for services rendered. I think other non-gun owners should follow the lead of the brave Astudent and volunteer to pay the 5% surcharge tax for more police to help people and keep our communities safe.

    Everyone should have an opportunity to make a difference. Crime is rampant. I do my part, my shop/home/truck is a virtual snake den of guns and security. Not all personal situations are the same. I remember a time 20 years ago I would not have owned a gun for more fear it would be stolen than anything else, and the cost was prohibitive anyway. From about age 20-28 or so, I owned no gun. I did not need a gun, practically, I needed police. So pay the tax.

    5%. If you take a place like Chicago, no guns, and give 5% tax to police you will see an armed military of police marching the streets. Gangs will move elsewhere, no room to hide. 5%. That will cure everything.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Well, you are mostly defenseless. You need police. I don't quite as much as you. If you do not mind paying the extra tax, then we are on the same page my friend. You will get more police protection and the criminals will have more obstacle to running over unarmed neighborhoods and homes.

    It is a win/win situation.
    double post

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,924
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I have no problem paying taxes for services that assist me and my community.

    So lets agree on your principle, so to even the equation out, it would be fair to say that the majority of guns at one time where legal, there for any illegal act which has a gun involved (if at any stage the gun was legal), and then the cost associated would then be taxed against all gun owners.
    The vast majority of guns are used legally.

    I might have misunderstood another point if you were making it.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event