+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intersting find at AHR show..

Post Likes

Intersting find at AHR show..

It is called the hvac strap. Basically it is a bracket with a nylon strap and a super powerfull magnet on the end. They had them stuck to an outdoor unit as a display and it seemed to work well. I would use it mostly on rooftops. They said right now the only place to buy it is on their website until the supply houses picked it up. I might get one when they get to the supply house this spring when I get my yearly set of gauges..lol http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/images/smilies/whistling.gif

Post Likes
    Here is the site that I forgot to put in post. www.havcstrap.com

Post Likes
    Looks like they're onto something, thanks for the share. I think you typo'd on the website though. I found it at http://www.hvacstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Thanks. They did mention that they are working on a design for the digital gauges. The inventor was/is a tech also so that kinda makes me want to give him some love.

Post Likes
    The only issue that comes to mind is how might the magnets affect the gauges as they're bumping around in the truck. In my mind magnets and electronics don't go well together. I suppose my meter does have a magnet on the back, but it's fixed rather than dangling on a strap.

Post Likes
    He Stole the idea from Fluke.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by circus1412 View Post
    Thanks. They did mention that they are working on a design for the digital gauges.
    They will work with all Digi-Cool gauges!

I checked them out at the AHR expo, I believe they will even hold my Digi-Cool DRSA-1250 mounted on a Sherman manifold.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    The only issue that comes to mind is how might the magnets affect the gauges as they're bumping around in the truck. In my mind magnets and electronics don't go well together. I suppose my meter does have a magnet on the back, but it's fixed rather than dangling on a strap.
    Keep strong magnets away from thermocouples
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    Lol. and keep them away from your credit cards.or mabe not...any way
    They said that when not in use the magnet holds to the bracket thus creating a "loop" and it can be hung by that also.

FYI the catered food in some of the "big boy" booths were pretty tasty..and free. Theybwanted like $2 for a can of soda at the show..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Keep strong magnets away from thermocouples
    What does it do to them?

Post Likes
    0:30.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    What does it do to them?
    There is a long list of things that will cause Electromagnetic Interference with thermocouples. Thermistors are less susceptible to EMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tMDMZESC5M

Post Likes
    There is a long list of things that will cause Electromagnetic Interference with thermocouples. Thermistors are less susceptible to EMI
    Trying to check the SH and SC on a chiller for a wire EDM machine with a thermocouple instrument, while the machine is cutting, is amusing, futile, but amusing. :0
    It's funny watching a temperature reading gyrate between -50ºF and +250ºF.

Post Likes
    So how many point point point mV is that equal to

Post Likes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tMDMZESC5M
    It seems to me that the magnet from the strap would be no where near the front of the digital gauges. Whould'nt it be attached to the air conditioner? I do agree that you should not wave it infront of the digital gauges, but wit heverything you need to use common sense..

Post Likes
    This gives me an Idea. I found some strong magnets in the trash from a speaker and been wondering what I could use them for. I think I am going to try and make a strap. Maybe even something for my meter.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by circus1412 View Post
    It seems to me that the magnet from the strap would be no where near the front of the digital gauges. Whould'nt it be attached to the air conditioner? I do agree that you should not wave it infront of the digital gauges, but wit heverything you need to use common sense..
    These are little magnets and and who knows what a big one would do to the brains of one of these gauges. A magnet strong enough to hold several pounds flapping loose on a strap is going to go where ever it wants.
    I like the magnet idea but maybe something with a clip on the strap so it doesn't get stored with the gauges or something that holds it in a fixed location is a better idea

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    This gives me an Idea. I found some strong magnets in the trash from a speaker and been wondering what I could use them for. I think I am going to try and make a strap. Maybe even something for my meter.
    I remember a friend holding a subwoofer up to his parents tv set when we were younger Oops

Post Likes
    maybe Testo should buy into this idea
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Why not just a strap that the hook hangs in. There is no reason why this has to be permently connected to the set of gauges. just a short strap with the magnet on one side and a loop on the other. This is one of those, Why did I not think of that. A strong suction cup would work as well. They type used for handling sheet metal and glass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in