Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    Just used the new recovery machine. I was very impressed with the machine. I did however make a "subcooler" out of 1/4" copper that I put in a bucket of ice to increase the recovery time. I understand this would benefit all recovery machines. I had to recover 225 pounds of 134A from a Liebert unit in a data center. With the help of the subcooler I was pulling out 1 pound of liquid every 15 seconds. The vapor recovery was slower, however I did not get a chance to clock the exact time. The factory did tell me that if you want to use this recovery machine in high ambient conditions 85 degrees or higher and especially with 410A then using a subcooler is a must. The revocery machine weighs the exact same as my G5, about 24 pounds. However it has a smaller eaiser to carry foot print. I am still sticking with my G5, however I will use this on my bigger jobs as I believe with the help of the subcooler I made its faster then my G5.
    I'd be interested in learning what kind of liquid speeds you get with the G5 and this "subcooler," since chilled copper does affect speeds quite a bit.
    Christian Pena - Appion Inc.

For faster evacuation, C.O.F.F.: Clean Oil, Full Flow

To: Appion-ChrisP

I recently purchased a TEZ-8 vacuum pump, nice machine BTW.

I would like to purchase a gallon of your special vacuum pump oil, yet not in the form of a dozen or so cartridges. Can one purchase the oil in gallon jugs? If so, what is the Appion part #, so I can have my local folks order it for me... THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I just used my new G5 twin today and was impressed by it's speed,light weight and how quiet it was. I too have been cooling my tanks since the beginning.

I am pleased with the G-5! Former (YJ R-60) had to be carefully throttled or it would overload. This one I just set it and leave to do something else. Come back in 10 min and I am in a vacuum on the system. NICE!

Probably will get (or make) a small cooler... could bend some 1/4 CO tubing into a circle, braze on some fittings, and stick it in a bucket of water/ice.

I saw something like this in a supply house a month or so ago... did not look at it. It was around 5-6" in dia, and close to a ft tall. Anyone know of this product? THX
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I saw the same thing at United.

Appion Unit

Company switched over from ProMax units to the Appion. Besides the overall size and weight, the Appion out performed my ProMax start to finish. Promax is my newest addition to crap in my cellar.

We have tried just about every machine on the market and for now we are standardizing around the Appion due to the fact that the bearings are not inside the acidic refrigerant flow.
    We have had almost new machines seize after recovering a really acidic burnout. Our machines each get 15 hours a week easily.

I bought a new yellowjacket xlt used it a few times and love it..was gonna go with a appion but got a great price on the richie since i bought a 7cfm vaccum pump at the same time

For anyone who doubts the Appion being one of the best portables out there...

Friday last, I was working on the charge of a 1,000 ton centrifugal. Brought the machine up to 30 psi. vapor and left it over the weekend. Monday I pushed somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,100 pounds (remaining charge) into the chiller. Pretty much the G5 ran for about 8hrs. strait, except for the time changing out the recovery vessels.

I had the machine set up as push/pull so it wasn't actually running all that refrigerant throught it, but it did keep the #1,000lb. recovery vessels at enough pressure to keep the liquid flowing. Normally I'd be using the pumpout unit but the electricians hadn't gotten around to powering it up yet.

Been through many recovery machines... AEG (heavy around 80lbs.), some little blue box that weighed about 8lbs. with a 1/5hpcompressor inside it, OZ saver's, ProMax's, Inficon's (different sizes), Yellow Jacket's (puuleeeze), home made units, and Appion's. The Appion unit has been the most reliable and the easiest to repair.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Been using appion for few years works great

I think the subcooler sits in a bucket of water? thats how complex it is. I use the G5, you can recover 50lbs in less than an hour and a half with the schraders in on a 100F day on a rooftop. That thing is rock solid, and i'm sure the subcooler saves even more time.

The subcooler is a PROSET MT69, works good but you can make your own for less. I still find it easier to drag a hose and just cool my tanks that way. Even with that extra time, I still can pull down a stystem in less time than my CPS can. Only thing I miss is my CPS shut off automatically when it reached 10"HG.

Follow up to this post

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I am pleased with the G-5! Former (YJ R-60) had to be carefully throttled or it would overload. This one I just set it and leave to do something else. Come back in 10 min and I am in a vacuum on the system. NICE!

Probably will get (or make) a small cooler... could bend some 1/4 CO tubing into a circle, braze on some fittings, and stick it in a bucket of water/ice.

I saw something like this in a supply house a month or so ago... did not look at it. It was around 5-6" in dia, and close to a ft tall. Anyone know of this product? THX
    Bought the cooler, it is from CPS products, the MT-69. Run the recovered refrigerant through it before the storage cylinder... put the cooler in a bucket of water. Recovery is FAST!!!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast