Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oops, didn't realize where I was. Isn't this "tech to tech" ?

I run the Appions too, very fast, very pleased. Excellent customer service, they stood behind one with a fan problem that kept causing valves to melt.

I have both the appion G5 twin. Pumps fast. Has to be rebuilt every year and a half. Approx $150 kit. Small condenser. U have to cool off recovery tank to make it not run at high head. The promax is heavier, slower. But has not had to be rebuilt. I would buy another G5 after all is said.

Appion G5 Twin....Hands down. As previously mentioned, you may have to cool the jug down for faster recovery.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

this is really good to know. i might pick up one for myself (-: interesting

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Just Opinion,
    This is the Ask Our Pro's or AOP forum. In order to post responses here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. Please see my signature line for links to register and review the AOP Forum Rules. Thank you. Your post will now be deleted. Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Cowpoke,
    Please do not dig up old threads prior to November 2011 to ask questions or respond about them. The respondents may not have been vetted so we have no control over their posts. If you find information in an old thread, you as an equipment owner should start a new thread. You can copy the URL of the old thread and paste it into your initial post as a reference. Vetted Pros with their * can then respond to your query here.
    Sorry, I didn't realize where it was. I believe I might have googled something about recovery units, found this thread and replied without realizing any dates or location.

I have an appion g5 twin used to have an OZ but think they are out of business, appion does not have enough condenser for for summer rooftops I have a small watercooled condenser to cool gas down before going into tank it greatly increases speed

Recovery Machines

The G5 Twin is the way to go. Performance packed in a light weight frame. Appion has some charts to show you performances of the G5 Twin compared to other manufactures models. Hope that helps you.

Has anyone tried this new recovery machine?

Boss just ordered this new recovery machine. I was wondering if anybody has used it yet. It is the Pro-set TR21 Revocery machine made by CPS. It claims to be almost twice as fast as the Appion G5. Let me know if you are already using one. I currently use the G5 and am happy with it, however I am going to try this new recovery unit and compare it on Thursday.

www.cpsproducts.com

One more vote for Appion

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    Boss just ordered this new recovery machine. I was wondering if anybody has used it yet. It is the Pro-set TR21 Revocery machine made by CPS. It claims to be almost twice as fast as the Appion G5. Let me know if you are already using one. I currently use the G5 and am happy with it, however I am going to try this new recovery unit and compare it on Thursday.

www.cpsproducts.com
    I saw that in the NEWS. Let us know how it works. I will be in the market for a new one. I have used the appion and it works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post

www.cpsproducts.com
    Saw one of those in a supply house a few days ago. How does it condense the gas into liquid?

Back to the OP's question (note I do resi, so I am not loading a pump as much):

I have a YJ R-60 which has been a champ (so far). One does have to carefully throttle the refrigerant coming in (keep the low gauge on the pump below 50#). I borrowed an Appion from a friend and hooked it up... just let it rip with both valves wide open. One can literally connect it up and leave for a few minutes to do something else... and the recovery will be DONE. Sure beats standing there watching it so it does not slug and pop its circuit breaker.

I am shopping for 'best price' on a purchase of both a G-5 Twin and a TEZ-8. The latter is the Appion vacuum pump; another Appion tuff product. Anyone know of a good online source?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Just bought a G5 twin from United, they invoiced me $649.00

Results from my recovery

Just used the new recovery machine. I was very impressed with the machine. I did however make a "subcooler" out of 1/4" copper that I put in a bucket of ice to increase the recovery time. I understand this would benefit all recovery machines. I had to recover 225 pounds of 134A from a Liebert unit in a data center. With the help of the subcooler I was pulling out 1 pound of liquid every 15 seconds. The vapor recovery was slower, however I did not get a chance to clock the exact time. The factory did tell me that if you want to use this recovery machine in high ambient conditions 85 degrees or higher and especially with 410A then using a subcooler is a must. The revocery machine weighs the exact same as my G5, about 24 pounds. However it has a smaller eaiser to carry foot print. I am still sticking with my G5, however I will use this on my bigger jobs as I believe with the help of the subcooler I made its faster then my G5.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast