what test leads do you use

to check voltage in molex plugs on ecm motors or carrier defrost boards

Quote Originally Posted by blaster50 View Post
    to check voltage in molex plugs on ecm motors or carrier defrost boards
    The defrost board molex plug has a bare metal spot on the side to be able to check. I've never had a problem checking it on the ECM and just use the fieldpiece test leads.

I just purchased a set of the Fluke TL910 leads. They're very small and are designed for electronics. They have very fine tips. Perfect for molex plugs, sensors, transducers and such.

Fieldpeice makes a great lead set, part number ADK7, it has regular lead tips, needle lead tips and alligator lead tip. Best investment I have made in a while
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

thanks for the info.I'll check them out & get me a set

Yes, Fieldpiece is what I run and I would buy again if I had to.Bought mine back in 2006 and it still works great!!

I had a PITA problem on a Trane rooftop and "customized" a set of probes.

I couldn't fit the standard tips into the little slots cut into the plugs so, I filed the tips sharper and bent hooks onto the ends.

Worked great as a field expedient fix.

Go to radio shack, they have a nifty little kit for like 20 bucks for electronic leads. Comes with several different leads. I'm looking for a moles plug pin removal tool. Seen them on the Internet just would rather buy one in person

Using a short piece of t-stat wire and your alligator clips works in a pinch for most molex plugs, but the ADK7 is the way to go.

I cut a paper clip in half and use my alligator clips on one end and the other end into whatever.

the ADK7 is something I may be interested in at some point.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by in-trane-ing View Post
    Go to radio shack, they have a nifty little kit for like 20 bucks for electronic leads. Comes with several different leads. I'm looking for a moles plug pin removal tool. Seen them on the Internet just would rather buy one in person
    I never found one locally, but not in a huge city.

I bought one off the internet that was 2 sided and it has worked for me so far.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ