Next steps on contractor search...

Hello again...well now that Spring is within sight I'm starting to think about our new A/C unit. Many of you helped me last year to start thinking about this "the right way". I'm in the Philadelphia suburbs and looking for a great contractor. My first stop was Angies List and I found three companies that bubbled to the top. They are:

Silva - BPI Certified
    Oliver - Comfort Institute Certified
    Unique Indoor Comfort - ? Still Checking
    Horizon - ? still checking

Also, someone (moto I believe) mentioned checking whether they belong to the ACCA organization but I have yet to find if any of these are. Just wanted to check in to see if by some chance anyone had dealings with any of these contractors or if my research methods are sound here....THANKS!

Nate certified technicians/installers is another plus to look for. Also, when they come out to give quote you should be able to get a pretty good guage of the company from the salesman. I like small shops where you can get to know the guys and won't have a rookie coming around changing the filter and banging around for a few minutes then leaving because he is inexperienced and was hired to do pms., if you purchase a preventative maintence from the installing company.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

Where in the Philadelphia area are you? I don't want to bash... i hate bashing and i hate people who do it,
    Last edited by Dad; 02-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.

They were actually fourth of the four on my list. Can I ask why? It's not bashing if you are speaking from factual experience.

I am in the Phoenixville area and would LOVE your thoughts!!!

ADillon

We will not be bashing companies in any open forum

Thx

-Dad
    Last edited by Dad; 02-04-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: price and difference

Thanks! I'm trying to find a way to private message you but cannot figure it out right now.....I'm clicking on your name but don't see an option. I'll do it as soon as I can figure it out and spare the community my specific needs. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by fishman1 View Post
    Thanks! I'm trying to find a way to private message you but cannot figure it out right now.....I'm clicking on your name but don't see an option. I'll do it as soon as I can figure it out and spare the community my specific needs. THANKS!
    Only pro members have PM ability.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    Where in the Philadelphia area are you? I don't want to bash... i hate bashing and i hate people who do it,.
    ADillon....you seem to be a good contact in my local area (been looking for one for months). Now it seems as if I have no way to get a hold of you since only pro members have access to private messaging. Any suggestions on how to connect?
    Last edited by Dad; 02-04-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    ADillon

We will not be bashing companies in any open forum

Sorry...it is my fault since I asked for specifics. In his defense...it is consistent with what I have heard elsewhere

I'm sorry guys, I know i shouldn't have said that. Thanks. Fishman you can check my profile for contact info. I'm not a contractor though.