Post Likes

Automated Logic ZN141v+ Bacnet Comms

Hi all,

We are currently ugrading a site that has one floor with "Automated Logic ZN141v+" VAV controllers in it.

I am trying to connect to them via bacnet (we are installing a triduim jace setup) and am having no luck.

The information I can find shows comm speed setup etc, but no-where where to obtain the instance number of the device, and I am unable to find them via discovery.

Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    aarjsb.

Post Likes
    Agh well ALC's comm trunk is not Bacnet MSTP. It's proprietary to their system (nice open system) you will not be able to communicate to it unless they have a BACNET/Ip gateway for you to talk through.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aarjsb View Post
    Hi all,

We are currently ugrading a site that has one floor with "Automated Logic ZN141v+" VAV controllers in it.

I am trying to connect to them via bacnet (we are installing a triduim jace setup) and am having no luck.

The information I can find shows comm speed setup etc, but no-where where to obtain the instance number of the device, and I am unable to find them via discovery.

Cheers
    aarjsb.
    There's a jumper on the board for Arcnet or MS/TP if I remember right. You probably have to set it up for MS/TP in the driver properties as well thru WebCTRL.

Post Likes

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by fisha View Post
    Agh well ALC's comm trunk is not Bacnet MSTP. It's proprietary to their system (nice open system) you will not be able to communicate to it unless they have a BACNET/Ip gateway for you to talk through.
    I also read that even with the Bacnet/IP gateway (LGR) installed, you need to use WebCTRL to specifically set the points to be visible via the Bacnet/IP interface. I forget how, but it was discussed in this forum somewhere.

I've only dealt with the ZN's in a dedicated ALC system, and it all works well inside of their contained ecosystem, but it's definitely not an open system!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrevans View Post
    I also read that even with the Bacnet/IP gateway (LGR) installed, you need to use WebCTRL to specifically set the points to be visible via the Bacnet/IP interface. I forget how, but it was discussed in this forum somewhere.

I've only dealt with the ZN's in a dedicated ALC system, and it all works well inside of their contained ecosystem, but it's definitely not an open system!
    Yeah, you need to go into each of the controllers and make the points network visible. If they're not, you won't be able to discover them.

Post Likes
    By default all the physical IO are BACnet as well as the majority of the variables if they used LogicBuilder to generate the program. Changing from ARC156 to MSTP involves moving a jumper on each controller and if you miss one it will create chaos on the network. Only have to change the network type in Sitebuilder for WebCTRL to find the reconfigured controller, other software applications should auto-discover them (have tested this with ORCAview on a small network with success). Don't forget to reconfigure the gateway as well. About being open, check my first sigline.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

7. Likes jrevans liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aarjsb View Post
    Hi all,

Cheers
    aarjsb.
    As said before,turn off, move the jumper to mstp and pick the baud rate. Then try and discover.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fisha View Post
    ALC's comm trunk is not Bacnet MSTP. It's proprietary to their system
    Technically BACnet/ARCnet is part of the open protocol - but no one else actually uses it...