Post Likes

How to collect data of METASYS BAS Johnson Controls from a third party device

Hello All,
    I am looking for a way to get the data/information from METASYS BAS of Johnson Controls. I would like to get this data into Inductive Automation Ignition software.
    Is there any way I can collect Johnson Controls METASYS data from a third party device or module?

Thank you.

Post Likes
    You could be a JACE on the TCP/IP LAN and use AX Workbench's BACnet Export Table. Necessary to have the Metasys BACnet tool to map the BMS points to the Export Table BACnet points. Then you need the 'Ignition' driver to if you want to create AX Proxy Points. See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    That's 'put a JACE on the TCP/IP LAN'

Post Likes
    Thank you for the reply.

Post Likes

Metasys

Quote Originally Posted by sgje1616 View Post
    Hello All,
    I am looking for a way to get the data/information from METASYS BAS of Johnson Controls. I would like to get this data into Inductive Automation Ignition software.
    Is there any way I can collect Johnson Controls METASYS data from a third party device or module?

Thank you.
    First you need to find out what type of Metasys you have. If you have NxE engines, you only need to change the NxE instance number and set the BACnet routing to true. Then using any 3rd party BACnet/IP device, scan and you'll find all the objects.

6. Likes sgje1616 liked this post