Post Likes

Meter leads for small plugs

Ok, I'm sick of not being able to get my leads into the small plugs on Minisplits for troubleshooting.

What do you guys use for those small plugs?

I've been cutting up tstat wire but had one today that was too small for 18ga.

Borrowed some needles from the homeowner.

I have an extra spare set of leads that I could grind down but there has to be a better way

Post Likes
    Also, Amazon preferred, I have some gift cards and rewards there.

Post Likes
    I use the electronics lead tips from fielpiece.

4. Likes knave, Asm Mechanical liked this post
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Fieldpiece ADK7 Deluxe Silicone Test Lead Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013NH6SM..._OqPQxbC5PTWN7

I have this kit for fieldpiece meters. I have a similar one for my fluke also. They work great and will fit different brands.

7. Likes knave, Jettinvr6sc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    I use Fluke TL910 test leads when I need to get onto something small. They're not as robust as normal test leads though and quite costly.

Here's the amazon link https://smile.amazon.com/Fluke-TL910...keywords=tl910

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    I use Fluke TL910 test leads when I need to get onto something small. They're not as robust as normal test leads though and quite costly.

Here's the amazon link https://smile.amazon.com/Fluke-TL910...keywords=tl910
    Fluke's prices are absurd for accessories. They want $50 for a meter bag, $40 for a magnet strap I mean come on Fluke, I like your stuff but it's made in China like everybody else's crap and the price should reflect that. If it was made in USA then I'd gladly pay but it's not.

11. Likes knave, davidj001 liked this post
    Post Likes
    You'd hate to know what I paid AUD for my last set of TL910 leads I had to replace then.

I agree with you though, I generally consider alternatives for pouches before I resort to getting extorted by Fluke.

Post Likes
    Clip the wire off a resistor wrap around probe solder on with soldering iron. Folds out of the way when not used.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Go to Radio Shack if there is one close by. They sell a nice set of tips for your leads for about$25. Comes in a nice case too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Fluke's prices are absurd for accessories. They want $50 for a meter bag, $40 for a magnet strap I mean come on Fluke, I like your stuff but it's made in China like everybody else's crap and the price should reflect that. If it was made in USA then I'd gladly pay but it's not.
    You guys need better local vendors. I have not paid for a meter bag or little zip up bag in over a decade. They put there names on them give em away as a sales tool, ditto for T-stat screwdrivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    All I can sa is You're lucky. I would do good to get a p/t chart from mine.Used to give stuff away but not anymore.