Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Last time I checked united refrigeration in Canada is a big chain store.

Why do you need it from a big box store ?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    That does not relate to my question what so ever.

You mind expanding your response so that it more directly and clearly corresponds to my inquiry?
    Actually, it does, you're just not seeing it.

If I want the best tool, maybe selecting from what the major suppliers WANT me to have isn't the right thing to do.

Same as wal mart. They choose their selection based upon price rather than quality. Same as most supply houses. Price over quality because that is what most guys want.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Last time I checked united refrigeration in Canada is a big chain store.

Why do you need it from a big box store ?
    Because that's the be-all end-all.

If johnstone and URI don't sell it, it isn't worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Actually, it does, you're just not seeing it.

If I want the best tool, maybe selecting from what the major suppliers WANT me to have isn't the right thing to do.

Same as wal mart. They choose their selection based upon price rather than quality. Same as most supply houses. Price over quality because that is what most guys want.
    Suppliers sell what they're buyers want. And every supplier who's a player here in SE Mi carries Testo and Fieldpiece.
    Are you saying thy carry these cause they have a cost advantage over Diggi-Cool?

Those are your words.

Suppliers sell what they're buyers want. And every supplier who's a player here in SE Mi carries Testo and Fieldpiece.
    Are you saying thy carry these cause they have a cost advantage over Diggi-Cool?

Those are your words.
    Not always.

Oh, wait, I know who you are, now.

Not worth discussing this topic with someone who carries a family grudge.

Good day, sir.

Not always.

Oh, wait, I know who you are, now.

Not worth discussing this topic with someone who carries a family grudge.

Good day, sir.
    What makes you think I carry a family grudge? We were debating a topic of interest...shall I assume you have conceded the point to me?

What makes you think I carry a family grudge? We were debating a topic of interest...shall I assume you have conceded the point to me?
    Your "quirky" spelling of Digicool along with a DEAD match of an IP address.

I concede nothing, but I'm not going to get into a mud slinging contest with you.

Enjoy your SMANs and Testos.

Your "quirky" spelling of Digicool along with a DEAD match of an IP address.

I concede nothing, but I'm not going to get into a mud slinging contest with you.

Enjoy your SMANs and Testos.
    I have made no secret that I am part of Uncle's business and use the family/business computer. Hence the same IP.

What ever you have with others of my family does not reflect on me.

So please do not take out any anger you may have on an individual who has had a very rocky recovery against me.

I would prefer to have cordial interaction with all, but you are making it very difficult by judging me out of hand.

I have my own opinions. Judge me on them when you have heard them.

Not from what you heard from a slightly diminished elder of mine.

Just buy a Digi-cool and be happy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I have made no secret that I am part of Uncle's business and use the family/business computer. Hence the same IP.

What ever you have with others of my family does not reflect on me.

So please do not take out any anger you may have on individual who has had a very rocky recovery against me.

I would prefer to have cordial interaction with all, but you are making it very difficult by judging me out of hand.

I have my own opinions. Judge me on them when you have heard them.

Not from what you heard from a slightly diminished elder of mine.
    I have no anger with you and no anger with your uncle. I looked up to and respected him, even though we disagreed at times.

I've made my point. If you want quality, sometimes, you've got to look beyond what you're offered.

So, you can use Testo. I've got a Testo 510. It's a fine little instrument and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a manometer.

I won't own Fieldpiece for my own personal reasons. One nearly killed me early on in the trade by giving an erroneous reading.

So, use them and use them in good health. My personal preference and the suggestion that I make to others when they ask is Digicool.

It is a top of the line instrument. It surpasses the others in durability and at LEAST matches them in accuracy. If I recall correctly without referring to the specifications, it is more accurate.

As to why it isn't sold in major supply houses, I believe that there are some politics involved in that. At one time, the DC, badged as a YJ instrument WAS sold in most major supply houses.

I would choose the digicool, (i have had mine for 6 months), also purchased a Mastercool (now returned as it was difficult to read and some minor calibration problems which it should not of had being new), as it has features that the digicool does not. (vacuum input, usb port for recording)
    I find the digicool the easiest to read in a wide range of conditions (large digits and a good contrast) and data all on a single screen
    Accuracy seem very good across the range. with both LP/HP reading very close.
    It would seem all seem to have problem measuring temps on small pipe sizes (as have many, built my own sensing mechanism)

Ok so seems like everyone thinks it's not crazy to go that route instead of the other way.

With all out honesty how many digi cool owners have had to fix get warranty or not be able to use them etc.

I just don't wanna hear I told ya so " shiny toy broke waste of $ analogs wouldn't do that" I have seen all the " torture vids" but want to hear it from you guys.

I'm there gonna go digi-cool with a YJ mani. What is the sensors to get? I know they had a bad batch this is fixed now?
    I live in Canada so I'd order direct.

Who is the elderly gentleman beating the Bejhezeus out of an empty plastic case?
    Haha, I've been wondering the same thing, and the point of it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast