Thread: Tool Insurance

Tool Insurance

http://www.mechanicsinsurance.com/

Someone mentioned these folks some time ago but I was not able to find the post. I was just looking for some feedback regarding Pro-Tec or perhaps another company that followed through and was easy to deal with. Thanks.

66 reviews and no replies , intermission time perhaps , some good guitar music here ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaV-I5C90zk

Ghetto Pucks are good to a point but we had a truck with half of each door damn near ripped in half ( big brother with a crowbar we think ). Dude lost it all and he is a top tech with all of the latest and greatest stuff. He is now down to a 6 in one screwdriver and a Fluke voltage indicator and the company is looking the other way. I pulled most of my tools after this happened and would like to get back into the the cool stuff , but I don't want to take a loss like he did.

Funny I was also looking for that post. I was thinking about this the other day. My friends van got broken into.
    I hope someone who has experience with tool insurance companies chimes in soon

That's nuts man when they gotta feed that monkey they will do anything. I call the puck locks crackhead repellant. You got pics of the van?

I homeowners insurance company and they can add it in as a rider. The cost wasn't too bad, around 150 I think. It covers it when it's parked at home, and if on on a job the companies insurance pays for it.

I'm looking for " non specifics " as far as location and circumstance " . I like what this company is saying , just wondering in anyone has actually filed a claim with them.

and the ghetto pucks didn't save my buddy , man he was a guy who had nice tools...veto bags full of stuff , appion vac pump and recovery , gone.

I'd be interested in hearing this info again. I "misplaced" my pouch earlier this week which really got me thinking. Luckily it showed back up.

Do you have pics? The guy who's tools got stolen must. I wanna show my boss. He thinks if we got metal welded behind the windows and puck locks we are save. I told him if they want it they will get it.

I had a car stolen from my driveway 2 spot lights alarm and I live in a subdivision they still got it. If they know their is $ to be made. The thefts will not stop at anything to get it . Tools are easy money for drug addicts. They will go back. My buddy started removing his tools at night with 2 hockey bags on wheels. Sure enough next spring the thieves cut a hole in the van all for some wire,copper no tools of value. So if its not insured I wouldn't leave it in the van.

Can anyone find the link to last time this was posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Hvac216 View Post
    I homeowners insurance company and they can add it in as a rider. The cost wasn't too bad, around 150 I think. It covers it when it's parked at home, and if on on a job the companies insurance pays for it.
    This is what I've done.

When I heard that my insurance covered a whopping $1000 in tools, I laughed at my agent and told him to write me the largest rider that he could.

It's 20 times that, now and almost enough to cover my tools.

We keep an ongoing list of tools on our trucks. Personal and company. Company insurance covers it you you better have that list. In todays world where every digital device takes pictures that would also be very helpful.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

signed up with them in october, hope I never have to file a claim

r404a

Yeah , I'm going to have to do something this week...right now I have a 6 in 1 screwdriver , pair of wire cutters , and an old broken fluke 333 on the truck that belong to me lol. This will get me by through Tuesday I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    Yeah , I'm going to have to do something this week...right now I have a 6 in 1 screwdriver , pair of wire cutters , and an old broken fluke 333 on the truck that belong to me lol. This will get me by through Tuesday I hope.
    That's a pretty good selection most days lol. When I had my tools stolen by some low life piece of sh!t my homeowners covered it anyways, my boss made it clear it was my fault.