Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 55
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108

    For The Drummers Among Us

    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108
    Mike Smith is one of my all-time favorites. He has so much power and he's not overly flashy.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108
    Adam Jarvis of Misery Index, from Baltimore, MD

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABHw-oeWQg

    You may think he's just showing off for the camera, but this is just the way their music is. Every song is like an athletic endurance test. Seen 'em live probably 17 times since 2001, and every time they are intense!
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108
    No interest in this, I guess. Disappointing.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    The guitar players get all the a$$ lol. I used to want to be a drummer.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,804
    Neil Peart.
    Bill Bruford.
    Hard to improve on those guys.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,237
    many forget about Phil Collins when he was in Genesis. I was always enjoyed was drum duets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3rJXV4R4E

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    1,888
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6b_nBM-V8

    gadd weckl colaiuta. Steve has the best feel. Vinnie has the best chops.

    Bill Bruford, especially with his jazz group Earthworks. His book is excellent, too. He's very articulate.

    Jeff Hamilton. Best brush player anywhere. I've seen him in clinic and in concert and it was inspiring.

    Ringo. He's why I started drumming.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    1,888
    BTW, watch that video all the way through. I get chills every time when they lay down a groove and then trade 4's over it. Vinnie's single stroke rolls between hand and foot blow me away every time.

    I have a 3 night dixieland gig this weekend. And I get to sing a few tunes.

    Anybody want to see pics of my kits?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,804
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    many forget about Phil Collins when he was in Genesis. I was always enjoyed was drum duets
    Lets not forget about his splinter band, Brand X. We actually played it on air in Phiily.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo7mYqaMKXA
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,804
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    gadd weckl colaiuta. Steve has the best feel. Vinnie has the best chops.

    Bill Bruford, especially with his jazz group Earthworks. His book is excellent, too. He's very articulate.

    Jeff Hamilton. Best brush player anywhere. I've seen him in clinic and in concert and it was inspiring.

    Ringo. He's why I started drumming.
    Wow, very tasty stuff!!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,804
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    BTW, watch that video all the way through. I get chills every time when they lay down a groove and then trade 4's over it. Vinnie's single stroke rolls between hand and foot blow me away every time.

    I have a 3 night dixieland gig this weekend. And I get to sing a few tunes.

    Anybody want to see pics of my kits?
    I caught that, too. Very cool.


    Yes. Pics, please.

    Wish I had room for a set in my house. Growing up, my friend Todd (executive producer of movies like Da Vinci Code) had a set in his room. We used to spin vinyl and play along. It was great.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6b_nBM-V8

    gadd weckl colaiuta. Steve has the best feel. Vinnie has the best chops.

    Bill Bruford, especially with his jazz group Earthworks. His book is excellent, too. He's very articulate.

    Jeff Hamilton. Best brush player anywhere. I've seen him in clinic and in concert and it was inspiring.

    Ringo. He's why I started drumming.


    Great video... Could you imagine how nervous Weckl must have been to start that out?? Colaiuta is one of my all time favorites especially Joes Garage and Shut Up and Play yer Guitar.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event