Post Likes

Water condensation from Unico Jigh Velocity

We have a Unico high velocity system installed four years ago and from the beginning we have had noise and condensation issues. The contractor came back to seal the outlets with silicone but this problem has not gone away. Now he contractor refuses to answer our calls. We are otherwise very happy with the unit for cooling and air crclaton as well as heating

We called in a separate contractor and they have identified the problem to be the lack of length f attenuating tube. It seems that the original installer cut xcorners and tried to use less material and did not follow the installation instructions.

The new contractor is having a really hard time finding a supplier of the Unico attenuating tube. We need approximately 100 feet. Would someone be able to help me out as to where I can purchase 100 feet of attenuating tube for this Unico system? Thank you

Post Likes
    Hi Mike,

I apologize for the issues you're experiencing.

Please give us call at 800-527-0896 and ask for Brian.

I can help you and your contractor locate the sound attenuator and also talk about the condensation problem.

Thank you.

Post Likes

Smile Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Unico System View Post
    Hi Mike,

I apologize for the issues you're experiencing.

Please give us call at 800-527-0896 and ask for Brian.

I can help you and your contractor locate the sound attenuator and also talk about the condensation problem.

Thank you.
    Thank you Bryan for speaking with a local contractor and give connecting him with one of the distributors of the product we need. Also thank you for your input on how to apply the fix. I will keep you up to date on how it goes.

Thank again

Post Likes
    A big thank you to Unico for coordinating with a local contractor who installed additional attenuating tubes and our system is working fantastic...there seems to be no more condensation, although the spring will be a tell tale, and in addition, noise has been considerably reduced. Thank you Bryan once more!

Post Likes
    Mike,there was/is a condensation problem this time of the year? Hats off to Unico for stepping up and getting involved.

Post Likes
    We live in Canada and the condensation would happen in the spring for some reason. We were very pleased with Unico. In the end the problem was the actual installation where the installer took shortcuts and didn't install the recommended length of attenuating tube. We had a different heating and cooling company look at it and they identified the problem quickly and once we were able to procure the product they installed it according to the company's recommendations.

Post Likes
    I had no idea that the sound attenuating ducting had control over humidity. Now ,no insulation is a condensing matter.

Post Likes
    I didn't either, and just to make sure we are also adding more insulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk