Appion Recovery Unit

How many commercial reefer guys here using this recovery unit. Is it durable enough. I seen the Tools forumn talking about it. I think I'll get it if it is durable enough to stand up to the duty. I'd say I use my recovery machine about 2 to 3 times a week. Could be 5 pounds one week, 100 pounds the next I have the Yellow Jacket 60. It has been a good work horse. And still is.

The Appion is 24 LBS. I like the weight and size. Compact. Great for less space taken up in the truck. About half of what the Yellow Jacket is.

D, The G5 Twin in the push pull mode is fast. If you buy one lose the small guages. Rig it w/ standard 2 1/2 size. In the pull mode w/o sub-cooling the tank vapor is just as slow as anything out there. In a machine room the noise level is minimal. Used in a quiet area it sounds like a coffee grinder gone crazy.
    FEN

we have 4 of them and them seem to be a good reliable unit
    Bring back rotary phones so we dont have to press 1 to proceed in ENGLISH!!!!

The only thing I noticed with mine, when recovering a large charge keeping the recovery bottle cool is a must. I don't know if it is because of the small condenser, or what, but it was running my bottle temp/psi through the roof when I had a bottle that was about half full. Fast unit though. Tim

I looked at these up and down the other day at a loca supply house. Jeez lo petes. I want one bad.

With the everything I want right now, were talking 100 grand. I hate the fact the HVAC/R world is going Gadgetry. It is an addiction.

These units are just friggen incredible.

The first refrigerant recovery unit I ever worked with was an old Frigidaire 1/4 HP belt drive condensing unit out of the 1940's that my father used on many occasions on larger systems rather than simpy let it blow. It was a two-man job to tote that 100+ lb beast around.

My first modern recovery machine was one designed by Copeland and marketed by Emerson through Rigid Tools. It was portable, but heavy at 50-60 lbs.

I now have a Promax 5410A that I bought a few years ago. It does a fine job and weighs in at 32 lbs, a big plus for a budding geezer like me to haul up to the roof. It's a lot faster and easier to use than the old Rigid was, too.

Now that 24 lb Appion sure looks inviting though. I wonder how much I can get for the Promax on Ebay? Hmmmm.

Was using the 510A until a couple of months ago. Bought a G5, lighter and faster. Keeping the 510A as a backup.

icemeister have you got any info on that copeland. I'm trying to fix one that was given to my kid. I posted in the tool forum but didn't get much.

Vapor recovery is faster, but liquid recovery is either the same or slower than other brands. According to the comparison chart in the brochure. They didnt list promax because of legal reasons.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

I have the appion g5. Mostly work on lieber units and smaller(20-300 tons) units. Most piping in my buildings are 2 and 3 stories high and the G5 does very well. I had a promax and would estimate using push/pull method, it cuts my recovery time in half. Much smaller and lighter than the promax which is a big plus for me going up and down stairs all day.

I have 2 of the Appion units and I love them. I am not a heavy user and the most I have done with it is maybe 50 LBS .............love the speed and weight!