Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyer's Remorse

Not going to happen. Bigger hoses and better quality stuff is going to speed things up IMO. If someone finds hoses that will hold a vacuum that would be a great find. I might feel remorse from the manifold purchase but you shouldn't with the hoses. If you didn't have bigger ones already it is going to speed up the job. If you rig your rig for isolation of the hoses, manifold and pump on a real system you should be much happier with what you have there. If you plan on following the "rules" to the letter you will be happier listening to the pump. If you know your pump I believe its a good indication of how you're doing. Start on a MO system then go to a poe system if you want to be disappointed again
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    You have a lot of stuff connected there, try eliminating things until you find what is leaking.
    Mark do you have a BluVac? He would have to eliminate everything there

What is the purpose of a manifold like that when a simple tee will do? You should have valves at the service ports that can be used to isolate the system and vacuum gauge from the pump and hoses. Seems to me you are just adding leak points unnecessarily.
    Nothing is magic, it works or doesn't work for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Mark do you have a BluVac? He would have to eliminate everything there
    No, I've been using a Yellow Jacket 69075, and vacuum tree, since 2007, haven't seen the need to buy a new vacuum gauge.

I do wish my 13 year old vacuum pump would die, so I'd have an excuse to make my boss buy me a TEZ8 though.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    No, I've been using a Yellow Jacket 69075, and vacuum tree, since 2007, haven't seen the need to buy a new vacuum gauge.

I do wish my 13 year old vacuum pump would die, so I'd have an excuse to make my boss buy me a TEZ8 though.
    We could probably arrange the death of your pump....for the right price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_6iOKzAuDA

Check out my crappy vid. It will give you some info and show you a few popular Gauges installed on the same system..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idWheO5bogQ

Last one

This is one relates to your issue the most.. After I allowed the pump to run for an adequate amount of time the micron reading did not rise as high. (above 1500 microns)

So I hooked the whole rig up to two Recovery Cylinders and ran the test again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-07hkOuuBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJuf8gofG0

Then I went and watched the Super Bowl. When I came back, over 10,000 microns.

And for the record, I've decide the iPhone makes better videos. These videos are done on the Android and they suck pretty bad.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Dave before I watch are you still trying to hold a vacuum with hoses in the circuit?

I noticed in the first video is that you are valving from from the manifold and keeping the hoses in the system. Permeation from the hoses is what is killing you! You should be valving the tanks off!
    I also noticed that something is amiss with the time it took to reach your desired vac. I would think to start with your pump.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I have been noticing similar issues last season with my dvn22 micron gauge . i actually use the 3/8 hose directly from vac pump to suction side of condenser valve with appion core tool hooked up, then the micron gauge hooked directly to another appion core tool on high side of condenser

So after reaching desired micron reading i close ball valve on suction side and wait.. all seems fine but after i then close ball valve on micron gauge core tool it immediately rises and fast,, makes me think theres a leak in the micron gauge..

I spoke in depth to aJB engineer at the expo about this and he says he doesnt think theres anything wrong with gauge long as it doesnt rise past 9000/1(whatever that means in English ) and says its normal for some rise due to moisture etc just like a system/.

im not sure i believe him but this thread along with my issues is making me not trust this micron gauge and others ive owned in the past.

feedback?? letys continue this conversation as it can help a lot in the field..the good thing is he told me to test with a tank like this thread suggests and see what the actual rise stops at, if i still feel its faulty he promised to pay for me to send it back and they will re calibrate and test for free even if its out of warranty..

I would like to know what would possess someone to buy a manifold like that. What purpose do the gauges serve in a deep vacuum? Can you take them back?
    Nothing is magic, it works or doesn't work for a reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast