Black sticky substance in refrigeration system ???

Went on a first last week, Customer had a restricted mortex coil nothing in heating or cooling so we pumped down and valved off system flushed line set with rx11 before coil install and washed out a black sticky goo. 410a split system heatpump any clues ? never seen this before. Called customer and advised changing outside unit and line set also after seeing this but he said he wanted to chance it with new coil and filter drier. Cant be good.

Have any pics? Was this recently changed from 22 to 410?

Not sure but maybe a rubber pipe plug that got welded into the lineset or another part. I had an apprentice "help" me once on a grocery rack and he welded one in a 2 1/8" suctions line....made quite mess!
    A smooth sea has never made a worthy mariner
    English proverb

I have a picture but will have to upload but this unit had been a 410 since its installation 8 years ago and husband said unit had never been worked on but wife later said it had

Green Slime.pdf

One of the guys posted this literature some time back. I don't know if it is related to your problem. I've seen your black goo on R22 systems. Also found bad txv's on those same systems after flushing, changing compressor, etc..

I'm betting, if it's a comp burn out, that it is burnt oil.

While working with Uncle Clover as a rookie, I have seen CFC system that had such badly burnt oil, and had turned so acidic, it burned thru the fuseite glass. And it was black goo as stated by OP.

I've seen that also on trane voyagers. the oil looked like sludge.