+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heatilator ser #

Post Likes

Heatilator ser #

How do I tell the date of manufacture from the serial # GA886415. I need to know so I can get the part # for the gas valve.
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

A DECADE OF DOMINANCE! +3

Post Likes
    Look for a separate 4 digit code on the rating plate. That gives you the week and year of production. Since they changed their system back around 2004, they should be able to give you the correct valve rather easily. Just tell them the model including if standing pilot, DSI or IPI ignition and fuel type. If it is DSI, you would probably have to get a different control module as the originals are no longer available. Some were 24 vac and a few were line voltage. If you have further problems, contact FireSide Hearth and Home in Annapolis Junction and they should be able to help.
    HTH

Post Likes
    Thank you for your quick response. It is a choice between two valves, pre and post 18/02. The service tech did not get me the #'s you are referring to. Hopefully tech service can help me on Monday.
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

A DECADE OF DOMINANCE! +3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in