Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TempcoDog View Post
    A motor up top too? Really hey? Haven't seen that yet. Yes one TXV. I never looked at the sight glass when I was on the roof as I just opened the electrical panel.
    Monday will have to get their staff to remove product and get the back panel off to check for another motor and see if any obstruction. dont think these have another motor. then also check if evidence of a leak starting from condenser.
    I've never seen the dual air curtain arrangement in a newer Hill Phoenix case.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check the sightglass.

ALWAYS!.

That would have been the first thing i would of checked.

How many defrosts? For how long?

Thanks guys
    It's a hill Phoenix 05DMH12
    Off time defrost 6 times daily can't remember for how long. But it was fine for 3-4 years since installed new
    What I read they want 6-8 SH at bulb. I will first check sight!
    Yes low charge or tx problem now that I've read some info. And I now learned a tx was replaced in the case beside it last year. Coincidence?!

Last thing I would admit ..... is I forgot to check sight glass

LIE if you have to ; )

First thing I do when walking up to a unit is check coil for cleanliness , then locate the SG

Thanks guys
    Off time defrost 6 times daily can't remember for how long. But it was fine for 3-4 years since installed new
    Yes low charge or tx problem now that I've read some info. And I now learned a tx was replaced in the case beside it last year. Coincidence?!
    http://www.hillphoenix.com/wp-conten...h.pdf?inline=1

That ought to link you to the manual

Thanks guys
    I have seen this before if the screens are gettting pluged, you may want to check that.

what can I say snapper I'm a terrible lier!...I do know both coils are clean...screens..I'm assuming in the TX?

Yep pump it down and check the screen after you check the sight glass...

6 defrosts sounds like a lot for a hill Phoenix most of the newer ones I've installed are 4 defrosts for about 45 mins... But check your model with that link the JP put up.

Never mind I see you posted your model, looks like 4 for 42 minutes.

Pumped down and checked sight. Checked SH as per manufacturer instructions. Everything bang on. My mistake on the defrost. it is 4 times a day for 40 minutes off time. Removed product, shelves and panel. Heavy build up of ice on back of coil almost all he way but mainly the first half as I mentioned. Cleaned all that up. Stat has been acting erratic for awhile so we decided to change it. Boss said no at this time to checking screen. My guts with you chappa on the screen. Guess we will see what happens

Pumped down and checked sight. Checked SH as per manufacturer instructions. Everything bang on. My mistake on the defrost. it is 4 times a day for 40 minutes off time. Removed product, shelves and panel. Heavy build up of ice on back of coil almost all he way but mainly the first half as I mentioned. Cleaned all that up. Stat has been acting erratic for awhile so we decided to change it. Boss said no at this time to checking screen. My guts with you chappa on the screen. Guess we will see what happens

I'm confused!!

What exactly was the purpose for pumping system down??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast