+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: open dairy half coil freezing

Post Likes
    what can I say snapper I'm a terrible lier!...I do know both coils are clean...screens..I'm assuming in the TX?

Post Likes
    Yep pump it down and check the screen after you check the sight glass...

6 defrosts sounds like a lot for a hill Phoenix most of the newer ones I've installed are 4 defrosts for about 45 mins... But check your model with that link the JP put up.

Post Likes
    Never mind I see you posted your model, looks like 4 for 42 minutes.

Post Likes
    Pumped down and checked sight. Checked SH as per manufacturer instructions. Everything bang on. My mistake on the defrost. it is 4 times a day for 40 minutes off time. Removed product, shelves and panel. Heavy build up of ice on back of coil almost all he way but mainly the first half as I mentioned. Cleaned all that up. Stat has been acting erratic for awhile so we decided to change it. Boss said no at this time to checking screen. My guts with you chappa on the screen. Guess we will see what happens

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TempcoDog View Post
    Pumped down and checked sight. Checked SH as per manufacturer instructions. Everything bang on. My mistake on the defrost. it is 4 times a day for 40 minutes off time. Removed product, shelves and panel. Heavy build up of ice on back of coil almost all he way but mainly the first half as I mentioned. Cleaned all that up. Stat has been acting erratic for awhile so we decided to change it. Boss said no at this time to checking screen. My guts with you chappa on the screen. Guess we will see what happens

Post Likes
    I'm confused!!

What exactly was the purpose for pumping system down??

Post Likes
    He pumped it down to check the sight glass .... duh .... didnt you read his post ?

Post Likes
    Tempco .... tell your Boss he's having a blonde moment and needs to listen to the internet , because the internet is always right !

Told you no need to check screen ? really ?

Boss go stand in the corner !!

Post Likes
    Sorry snap I must have overlooked that part.

Tempco.. After ur boss learns his lesson you can take him out of timeout. Jk!!

I will assume you checked the sight glass b4 pumping system down and it was full, not bubbling which may indicate a low charge.

If you are still having same issues and confident charge is ok, I would suggest pumping system down, checking screen or other possible restrictions. If you find no evidence of restriction then I would replace txv and lld. Leak test, vacuum and then see where you are.

Someone more experienced please correct me if I gave bad advice as I am still very new in the saddle

Good luck tempco

Post Likes
    yes cant tell sometimes if site is full or not...system has a pump down service switch...yes site full and not bubbling...as I mentioned this store is less than 5 years old with all new equipment...

Post Likes
    have you done a stall test on the fan in the end that is freezing? ive had this before, where everytime ive opend the case the fan is spinning, but after a few checks over a week i found the fan could be stoped with my screwdriver, after watching it over an hour i found the fan would slow down and sometimes stop, then speed up again.

replaced the fan havent been back for that case since.

Post Likes
    Thats crazy, I would check the screen on txv.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    have you done a stall test on the fan in the end that is freezing? i found the fan could be stopped with my screwdriver.
    Muz .... umm ... have you been taking too many them little blue pills again ?? Put the Screwdriver down buddy ...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Muz .... umm ... have you been taking too many them little blue pills again ?? Put the Screwdriver down buddy ...
    Yeah, God gave you perfectly good fingers to do a "stall" test If you see blood, motor is ok
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    If we suspect a restriction we are changing the TXV. It's sweat no flare

Post Likes
    If we suspect a restriction we are changing the TXV. It's sweat no flare
    IMO, this is a big waste of time, effort and money.

In refrigeration, the TEV is considered to be a serviceable part.

Take it apart, clean it, service it (replace a power element if needed)

Full on replacement is really only required if the body is leaking or there is damage to the internal components.

Post Likes
    3 pages and hardly a mention of SH......wow.

Post Likes
    Yes I did in post #24. And JP if you remove the TXV and service it and even change power head why not just replace it? For the cost of time to sweat it out ( even better if they are flare), re- install, vacuum, etc and just a couple hundred more to replace. I've replace a few that had leaks in the body already in my short career.

Post Likes
    Yes I did in post #24.
    Which is why the word 'hardly' was chosen instead of 'not'. ;-)

Post Likes
    depends .... if its a customer who always complains " dat bill too spensive " its getting cleaned.

If they pay their bills without question , give them a shiny new Txv if the supply house is near by

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in