Thread: bristol dx

Hybrid View

bristol dx

Hello just bought a bristol dx by hearthstone , install went good ,upon lighting did not work ,The stove now does run longer after i checked log placement ,checked pressure before valve . The stove lights and will run 3 to 5 minutes main burner shuts down and relights with pilot in continous pilot this shuts off too. This has the Sit pro falme technology ,found gas ports my manometer fittings dont fit ,I would like to check pressure before and after valve ,flame rod is in flame .Any suggestions on what other things I should work for.

venting

Quote Originally Posted by emtim View Post
    Hello just bought a bristol dx by hearthstone , install went good ,upon lighting did not work ,The stove now does run longer after i checked log placement ,checked pressure before valve . The stove lights and will run 3 to 5 minutes main burner shuts down and relights with pilot in continous pilot this shuts off too. This has the Sit pro falme technology ,found gas ports my manometer fittings dont fit ,I would like to check pressure before and after valve ,flame rod is in flame .Any suggestions on what other things I should work for.
    I am using simpson direct vent , I have checked literature on this and do you seal the fittings ,these are a twist lock fitting . I have read that these stoves are sealed units and if the pipes leak the exhaust gases can starve the stove of oxygen . What do you guys think

All fixed ,Found b vent on termination fitting not sealed properly ,allowing exhaust and fresh air to mix ,starving out fire ,it is running and the sit control is beeping ,warranty covering this .What do you guys use to check the gas pressure .A standard hose for a maometer will not work ,looking for 9mm inside diameter hose .Thanks

If you have a B vent termination on gas direct vent, it is wrong and will need to be replaced with a direct vent termination that separates the fresh air from the exhaust. I'm hoping you're just mis-applying the nomenclature.

Are you a technician or homeowner? If not qualified, don't mess with those test ports. If qualified, you should know what equipment to use and how to do it.

thanks this does have a direct vent kit .Working good .