+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tridium Bacnet/Ethernet and Windows 7 - No Adapter

Post Likes

Question Tridium Bacnet/Ethernet and Windows 7 - No Adapter

I am running a new JCI 4.0 (Tridium 3.6) AX station on my laptop which is running windows 7. I would like to enable BACnet/Ethernet so that I can learn some devices from a job we upgrading to Tridium AX. When I add the ethernet port my ethernet adapters list shows "none" and there are no other options. My IP port has all of my ethernet adapters listed. It works on one of my co-worker's laptops, but not anyone else's, and we couldn't find any differences. Has anyone else had this problem? I know the alternative is to use a Jace, be we haven't ordered the Jaces for this project and would like to start building the database now. Thanks.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thanks. I have tried everything I could find on niagara-central without any luck which is why I am asking here.

Post Likes
    I'm trying to understand what you are saying... You have FX Workbench Pro on your laptop and you are running a station on your local host (computer)? And you are trying to discover controllers using BACnet IP from this station? Are the controllers you are trying to discover BACnet MS/TP or IP? I didn't know you could do this... I'd be interested to know how you're going to discover controllers without a Jace.

First thought.... This probably isn't it, but did you enable the IP port? If I remember correctly, right click IP port and go to actions-> enable. It should be under "Station-> Drivers-> BACnet network-> ?comm?-> IP port" or something like that. Not sure if this will help...

Second thought... If your coworkers laptop works use his to discover everything then save the station and transfer it to the stations folder on your computer. Voilà!

Let us know if you get it to work. I would like a little more detail on what your doing. This could be helpful to me in the future if it works.

Post Likes
    You are correct that I am running a station on my laptop/localhost. I am trying to use Bacnet over Ethernet not Bacnet/IP. The system I am trying to discover is setup for BACnet/Ethernet and already has a routing device. The controllers are Bacnet/MSTP so if I can get Bacnet/Ethernet working on my laptop I should be able to discover all of them.

I could use my co-worker's laptop, but I would like to know the solution to this problem so that everyone at our company can do this and not just one person. I've looked at all of the settings on his computer and found nothing different. Someone else in my office is having the same problem as I am. I've talked to JCI tech support and it worked on their computer also, but they couldn't give me a reason why it wouldn't work on ours.

Post Likes
    Okay. That makes more sense now. I had a similar problem recently. I set up a Jace's BACnet MS/TP port with identical settings from another jace's station. I couldn't get it to work. I ended up copying a station I knew worked to the new Jace. All of a sudden it was working... I know this isn't the same problem, but what if you copy the station from your coworkers computer and try using that. Now you know 100% of the settings are exactly the same on your station. If it doesn't work now there is either something set up wrong in your platform or it's your computer.

Post Likes
    For anyone else with the same problem I finally found the solution. All of my AX installations were 32-bit. I tried uninstalling one version and re-installing it at 64-bit. As soon as I did this all of my adapters were available for BACnet/Ethernet under all my versions of AX (including the ones installed at 32-bit). Apparently when I installed a 64-bit version, it copied some system files to Windows 7 folders (which was also 64 bit) and that fixed the problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in