Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Post Likes

    Humidifier Questions

    I've been looking into whole house humidifiers. Our house is so dry! Found the duct mounted ones and feel like I understand the bypass versus powered stuff. My problem is that my handler sits on the floor and the supply duct is entirely in the crawl. Is there a "ducted" type unit that I can use that will not put the unit directly on the duct in the crawlspace? Maybe one that has a duct from the unit to the supply duct? I would like to be able to maintain the unit from inside where the handler is rather than have to get in the crawlspace for filters, etc.. An appliance like that in the crawl just seems like a bad idea all around. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Post Likes
    Good chance your supply duct being in the crawlspace is part of the problem causing your house to be dry. if its leaking air out, then fresh outside air is being pulled in and drying out your house. That should be fixed before adding a humidifier.

    Won't find a ducted one.
    Contractor locator map


    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.