Hybrid View

HP80 and MP39 replacements

We've used MP39 since the R-12 phaseout, same with HP80. Both work very well, with any oil in short coupled applications. 134A has been nothing but a nuisance with it's low capacity, and my habit has been to remove the 134A and replace it with MP39 when I do repairs on small equipment.

Both however are getting very expensive here in Canada. HP80 is more than double 404A and MP39 is almost three times 134a.

What are you folks using as a drop in replacement? I don't mind using 404A, it seems to work well, but I don't want to use 134A. And I'd need something that isn't oil dependent.

Derek

been using hot shot r414b but the price of that is going up alot mixture of 22 so that explains that. good luck with that. have never been to fond of 134a

Not a fan of 414b in all types of equipment specifically pressure controlled boxes. 134a sucks but it's around & 404a is so cheap and I love it. The POE causes all kinds of restrictions that keep us busy lol. I was able to get a jug of mp39 for a hundred bucks brand new in box and sealed. I've yet to open it but think it's wise to hold on to. These days with the type of work I've been doing I'm only seeing 134, 22(boss wants to use MO99), 404 & 410.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    I was able to get a jug of mp39 for a hundred bucks brand new in box and sealed. I've yet to open it but think it's wise to hold on to.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Very wise it's turning into liquid GOLD. E-bay has it @ $XXX