+ Reply to Thread

Thread: super heat

Post Likes

super heat

How do you determine the super heat on a unit per say 404 ice maker or a simple cooler 134a or R22 thanks for the help

Post Likes
    Are you asking how you know what it's supposed to be or how to check it?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I assume checking it would be no different than any other refrigeration system, as would subcooling, regardless of refrigerant. But what kind of ballpark readings would we expect, what kind of ambient or box temps do we need to consider and other conditions...hot pull down, evaporator coil frozen over etc.?

Is it pretty much like simple conditioning? Like I would expect my superheat to be high if the inside coil is absorbing heat from warmer unfrozen product in a walk in freezer? Lower SH if the evap. coil is obstructed with ice? Higher if the seal around the door is shot?

Post Likes
    Who cares. Just double the nameplate charge and its all good.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Who cares. Just double the nameplate charge and its all good.
    That's a joke. Don't do that. Check the same as u would on any system. On refrigeration there is typically a receiver and subcooling won't help with charging.

Post Likes
    Go to where the superheat is. At the TXV bulb. Or the evaporator outlet to take your temperature reading. Get your suction pressure as close to the evaporator outlet as possible. Pull out your P-T chart and convert that suction pressure to temperature using the chart, and subtract the difference. That will be your superheat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    If you have no information on the unit, I would generally go with 10-15 SH and 10-20SC. Now if you try and use these numbers during adverse conditions you may find you are adjusting the charge later. I also like to check these when i am closer to normal operating conditions. I wouldn't be too concerned about subcooling on a walk in freezer until my temps were well below 32degrees and closer to normal for ac. Now, this is if I have no other information. Some units run much lower superheats when operating normally. But if you are trying to get a system running and have no clue what the manufacturer wants I go with the 10-15 and 10-20. It will get you fairly close to a proper operating system.

Post Likes
    my signature says it all lol.
    Outlaw guns? only outlaws will have guns
    Those who live by the sword are SHOT by us who don't.

Post Likes
    thank you all for your help

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in