Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

More Effective Than a Gun

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/218...med-FL-Robber-

Turn them into plows or something cause they are no longer neccesary...
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I thought they already banned those...??Give 'em time.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    http://www.wltx.com/news/article/218...med-FL-Robber-

Turn them into plows or something cause they are no longer neccesary...
    That must have been frightening. Poor guy might have thought he was in an episode of the "Twilight Zone" .
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Heard of that happening... however methinks the reality ALL the women were yelling the name of Jesus at the guy kinda intimidated him.

Even so: The name of Jesus does carry considerable weight if Jesus' FatherGod decides to 'do something'...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Funny the twelve Apostles of Jesus carried arms (swords). Peter cut the ear off of one of the men in the party arresting Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.

John 18:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant’s name was Malchus.

Jesus also instructed his Apostles to get a sword.

Luke 22-36

New King James Version (NKJV)

36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’[d] For the things concerning Me have an end.”
    38 So they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.”
    And He said to them, “It is enough.”

So there you have it. Jesus would want citizens to be armed. I rest my case. Thank you, thank you very much

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I would have used my deep and loud 10 commandments voice and told that boy... "YE shall reap what YE sow' and then put a couple of bullets into his noggin.....

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny the twelve Apostles of Jesus carried arms (swords). Peter cut the ear off of one of the men in the party arresting Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.

John 18:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant’s name was Malchus.

Jesus also instructed his Apostles to get a sword.

Luke 22-36

New King James Version (NKJV)

36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’[d] For the things concerning Me have an end.”
    38 So they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.”
    And He said to them, “It is enough.”

So there you have it. Jesus would want citizens to be armed. I rest my case. Thank you, thank you very much

Glenn.... I dont do this to be mean or just for the sake of argument.... but you need to be very carefull reading the bible that you dont take things literally..... you got to look a little deeper.....into the spiritual meaning.

The J meister didnt want his boys going out and selling their coats so they could buy swords... what he was saying was that times were fixing to become very tough for the new christians......and that they better be prepared.

Not prepared for battle..... but prepared in a spiritual sense.

When that one boy steps up and says...."master, we have two swords'...and the jeez says it is enough..... he is not saying that 2 swords will be fine for protecting them against physical threats..... he is saying to this boy.... "Enough now you fecking moron....you just dont get it, do you".....but he is saying it in a polite way.

Keep reading that bible my internet forum friend.... but also take some time after reading to think about what was being said....

Lets just leave Jesus out of this debate.... Im sure he doesnt appreciate his name being dragged thru this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Glenn.... I dont do this to be mean or just for the sake of argument.... but you need to be very carefull reading the bible that you dont take things literally..... you got to look a little deeper.....into the spiritual meaning.

The J meister didnt want his boys going out and selling their coats so they could buy swords... what he was saying was that times were fixing to become very tough for the new christians......and that they better be prepared.

Not prepared for battle..... but prepared in a spiritual sense.

When that one boy steps up and says...."master, we have two swords'...and the jeez says it is enough..... he is not saying that 2 swords will be fine for protecting them against physical threats..... he is saying to this boy.... "Enough now you fecking moron....you just dont get it, do you".....but he is saying it in a polite way.

Keep reading that bible my internet forum friend.... but also take some time after reading to think about what was being said....

Lets just leave Jesus out of this debate.... Im sure he doesnt appreciate his name being dragged thru this mess.
    The meaning of the Bible verses couldn't be more clearer corny. Jesus clearly told them to get a sword and if they didn't have the money then sell your coat if necessary.

The verses just don't agree with your strong liberal bias against the second Amendment so you simply proclaim they mean the opposite. This is a classic ploy used by "liberals" when they can't argue the facts. Expected that from you as this is your standard on ARP.

Most of the Apostles were armed and if they didn't have a sword Jesus told them to get one. To you black is white and white is black. You must have got a hold of some of ace's stuff. You need help bad corny. Thank you, thank you very much.
    Last edited by glennac; 01-29-2013 at 06:43 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Sorry Glenn... but I just dont agree.... The bible is full of a lot of things that are just clearly not what they seem.... parables.... symbolism....

Read some of the descriptions of people in the bible..... none of them describe what a person physically looked like....they describe that persons spiritual condition..... colors are another thing in the bible that are very symbolic......

Please refrain from trying to drag the bible into this gun control bs.

Have a nice day..... Im going to the shop this morning..... dont know if i will actually have to go anywhere from there.

72 today...... yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hmmm... Lessee... Jesus and arming the public... definitely a topic that will stir debate.

Couple of thoughts:
    Was Jesus here to conquer the world? It would appear not... as the world was not conquered when Jesus left (rose to heaven 40 days after he rose from the dead).
    Was Jesus here to re-establish the nation of Israel (in freedom) on the dirt God gave them (current Israel)... again it would appear not... as they ended up fleeing for their lives around AD 70.
    Was Jesus here to make a stand and conquer Satan and Evil? Well in the mainstream it would appear not... because evil has been around ever since... However...
    Jesus DID conquer Evil in the Spiritual world (different than our physical world). The evidence of this victory is quite evident to those who study the Bible.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmm... Lessee... Jesus and arming the public... definitely a topic that will stir debate.

Couple of thoughts:
    Was Jesus here to conquer the world? It would appear not... as the world was not conquered when Jesus left (rose to heaven 40 days after he rose from the dead).
    Was Jesus here to re-establish the nation of Israel (in freedom) on the dirt God gave them (current Israel)... again it would appear not... as they ended up fleeing for their lives around AD 70.
    Was Jesus here to make a stand and conquer Satan and Evil? Well in the mainstream it would appear not... because evil has been around ever since... However...
    Jesus DID conquer Evil in the Spiritual world (different than our physical world). The evidence of this victory is quite evident to those who study the Bible.
    Well GA Jesus was telling his followers to protect themselves because without protection you could be done in by highway thugs. That's how my preacher explained it. He wasn't raising an army but just wanted his Apostles and followers to survive. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Hmmm... My relationship with God is more centered around the Bible than what a preacher says...

How about this Scripture:
    "Trust in the Lord with ALL your might, and lean NOT in your own understanding... in ALL your ways acknowledge HIM (capital HIM means God), and HE (again God) will direct your paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Now does that sound like 'thank you lord, now pass the ammunition?'...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmm... My relationship with God is more centered around the Bible than what a preacher says...

How about this Scripture:
    "Trust in the Lord with ALL your might, and lean NOT in your own understanding... in ALL your ways acknowledge HIM (capital HIM means God), and HE (again God) will direct your paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Now does that sound like 'thank you lord, now pass the ammunition?'...

Well GA to each his own. I did quote two verses from the Bible showing where; 1. the Apostles carried arms and 2. Jesus encouraged his followers to arm themselves.

My Baptist preacher preaches from the Bible and his sermons are Bible based. You just choose not to read the verses I quoted. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast