+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to shovel the roof

Post Likes

Time to shovel the roof

Went to a call today, furnace won't stay running, after pulling the door it ran fine. Went to the roof and saw this.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359677385.609316.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  12.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359677399.664530.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  14.4 KB

Post Likes
    WOW , upper MI = I would think 3 feet above roof surface ?
    Put address on a list for a cheap upgrade in the slow season.
    luck dan

Post Likes
    That's a Good one.
    That's Exhaust?
    Doesn't look blocked

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    That's a Good one.
    That's Exhaust?
    Doesn't look blocked
    The combustion air is pulled from the bottom of the cone shaped topper (It is concentric.) That is why it fired when he removed the door. It could then pull the combustion air from the basement.

Post Likes
    I told the lady it could be redone but since her dad was paying the bill I will assume she won't get it done lol. It was about the worst roof to put a concentric on, it was a 4/12 or less, plus the vent was maybe 18" off the roof, dumb!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I told the lady it could be redone but since her dad was paying the bill I will assume she won't get it done lol. It was about the worst roof to put a concentric on, it was a 4/12 or less, plus the vent was maybe 18" off the roof, dumb!
    Careful up there, I would hate to see you do a Tim the tool man Taylor dive off of that!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Careful up there, I would hate to see you do a Tim the tool man Taylor dive off of that!!
    Ah it was a ranch, my make a ladder was almost to tall lol

Post Likes
    LOL, that's great! 18" off the roof, you're lucky there wasn't about a 2' tunnel down to the vent with how much snow you guys can get.

Post Likes
    Normally people shovel the roof but judging by the house being a pig sty, the half naked kids running around and the lady sitting on her phone the whole time there just may be a lack of motivation. The vent should be 18" above snow line, I think someone miss interpreted the manual lol

Post Likes
    For that reason I like to run the intake in the attic and draw air from there. Wouldn't it be hard to get a concentric to be much higher than that because they are not that tall to begin with?
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Weaver View Post
    For that reason I like to run the intake in the attic and draw air from there. Wouldn't it be hard to get a concentric to be much higher than that because they are not that tall to begin with?
    It would be hard that's why I wouldn't use a concentric in that application.

Post Likes
    why use concentric through a roof? just seems stupid!!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...Q9QEwBA&dur=42

this would seem to eliminate a concentric from heavy snow areas, if it pertains to all of them.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    They have there place I guess, not on a damn near flat roof in a area you can get a foot of snow in a weekend. The name on the furnace sticker was a hackish company in our area, but hell for all I know a homeowner could have asked for it. Conveniently there was a tee with a clean out cap right above the furnace, odds are it happened before.

Post Likes
    We would never use a concentric in a threw the roof application. That's why I thought it was just a straight piece of pipe threw the roof not one of those lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in