+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tridium SMS and USB Modem

Post Likes

Tridium SMS and USB Modem

Anyone tried using the Tridium SMS driver with a Cradlepoint modem and USB GRPS modem connected to a Jace via Ethernet cable. I know about the Wyless GPRS modem to plug into the Jace, but a customer wants to use an USB modem from their current cell phone provider.

The SMS driver manual talks about using an external modem via a serial connection but does not mention using the Ethernet ports. This Jace will not be connected to any other Ethernet/IP network, but customer wants true SMS alarm messaging not using email messaging to phone number (10 digit #@cellProvider.com).

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    I don't think the SMS driver will route SMS over the IP connection. In other words it just sees the Cradlepoint as a router and doesn't really know about the USB device being used for the broadband connection.

I have used my USB air card from AT&T connected to my laptop running a station to send SMS text messages using the SMS driver. However, I am fairly sure that if you are using an embedded JACE that it would require either using the Tridium GPRS modem option card or a third party GPRS modem connected to the JACE's serial port.
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not every thing that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in