Hybrid View

Rheem help needed

Imperial 80 plus. Model rgde-12rajs. It's an old unit. Unit fires and turns off. After running 3 cycles it shuts off and does not fire. The fan also stays on when no heat commands are given even when the thermostat is unwired. Any ideas ?

Must add I did get it to run for a few hours but after reaching the thermostat temp is shut off and has not run properly since.

Generic awnser: Call repair company and pay for service call.
    For real awnser: You can get hurt working on your own furnace.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Generic awnser: Call repair company and pay for service call.
    For real awnser: You can get hurt working on your own furnace.
    Thats got to be late 80's or early 90's, I would have the thing checked for cracked heat exchanger before I would spend any money on it.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Had a repair guy come already. After 20 min he got frustrated and told me the whole unit was shot. He also took my surface igniter with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoiod View Post
    Had a repair guy come already. After 20 min he got frustrated and told me the whole unit was shot. He also took my surface igniter with him.
    My guess would be that he is correct. Sounds like cracked HX. Time to replace.