Replacing gas valves, brackets and other questions D-40 Seabrook

Last couple weeks have diagnosed some gas valve failures on 3 of these systems. When getting parts for the change out was told the honey well valve was no longer supplied but a conversion to a SIT as well as the pilot to match. Well when got time to put it in low and behold the gas valve bracket didn't fit the new valve so fabricating the bracket to fit as well as solidly secure the valve to lower compartment.

My questions are: So on these conversions do you guys fabricate your own brackets or do you look for a parts list to find the exact bracket to that valve? Just to put it out there how long do you guys take to put in a pilot assembly and gas valve factoring in going through a couple start ups and sequence when your done? The last question what is the number one killer of gas valves and or misdiagnosis? The reason I am asking is because it seems fresh outta trade was told that compressors were often misdiagnosed and in this area of Heating gas valves probably come a close 2nd to misdiagnosis. Well have a cool one.

Most gas combination valves for hearth appliances are rated for 175F. When you change the bracket, you don't know the heat signature on the new valve do you?

I've battled with some of this BS before and decided it wasn't up to me to design and build a new appliance. If the mfr. cannot provide the proper parts, I recommend full replacement. You take on a huge liability when you fabricate brackets and make modifications, even if so instructed by a mfr.

Thanks for the input HM, my boss said the same thing. Its a mendota product but going to order a wing style mount for that valve that fits a quadra fire valve (same valve SIT) I have been coming across its same valve same rating etc... but if it is as above would bother making a fab for it. My boss was expaining the amount of liability and you both make sense. Just doing what I can to go the long mile for customers if its possible. I understand GIT R DONE rigging it up isn't cool just wanted to know what you guys do in that particular situation. So appreciate the info. Have a cool one.