+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hughes Environmental Engineering

Post Likes

Hughes Environmental Engineering

I just received an email from a job search site stating they were expanding and looking for techs in NY/NJ. Don't have much to say as I've never worked for them. They mention there a union shop.
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Post Likes
    yeah their union all ny locals and nj,i went for a interview they gave me a 100 question test to take,gets graded through the computer,owner meet with me said service manager wasnt available,asked me bs questions about my personal life and sent me on my way,got a letter in the mail a month later saying i wasnt what they were looking for at the time,dont waste your time a joke unless your a book nerd they wont hire you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raven22 View Post
    yeah their union all ny locals and nj,i went for a interview they gave me a 100 question test to take,gets graded through the computer,owner meet with me said service manager wasnt available,asked me bs questions about my personal life and sent me on my way,got a letter in the mail a month later saying i wasnt what they were looking for at the time,dont waste your time a joke unless your a book nerd they wont hire you
    Curious to know, did you make an appointment for an interview or did you just show up and ask for an interview. Did you do any homework on Hughes before showing up at their front door and thinking you may be qualified to work for them? Being a union shop they must hire through the union hall, but are also allowed to hire from the streets provided the applicant has the qualifications they are looking for, and then sponsor you into the union, which not knowing you personally, what are you qualifications? Can you get a job tomorrow as an accountant or do you not meet those qualifications? How would I know, how would they know? Hence the 100 question test. I have been with techs that claim they know it all, their resumes were superb, but yet after working with them for 2 to 3 weeks, realized they don't know s**t. Yes I work for a union shop in NJ, been in the union 17 years now and this is the first time I have heard a negative comment on Hughes. They are one of the bigger unions shops in NJ and have a decent reputation as a contractor. Would I qualify to work for them? I don't know but I would have no problem taking a test to show them what I know and don't know and if it turns out I don't qualify, then I'm sure there's another shop out there I could work for and maybe after more experience I would someday qualify to work for them, if that's what i wanted to do. But negative comments or a negative attitude will never get you a job. This industry as big as it is, it is a small world. Be careful what you say and who you say it too. Lastly, I am not a book nerd, but feel i have done well for myself with a positive attitude. I never worked for Hughes either.
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    Curious to know, did you make an appointment for an interview or did you just show up and ask for an interview. Did you do any homework on Hughes before showing up at their front door and thinking you may be qualified to work for them? Being a union shop they must hire through the union hall, but are also allowed to hire from the streets provided the applicant has the qualifications they are looking for, and then sponsor you into the union, which not knowing you personally, what are you qualifications? Can you get a job tomorrow as an accountant or do you not meet those qualifications? How would I know, how would they know? Hence the 100 question test. I have been with techs that claim they know it all, their resumes were superb, but yet after working with them for 2 to 3 weeks, realized they don't know s**t. Yes I work for a union shop in NJ, been in the union 17 years now and this is the first time I have heard a negative comment on Hughes. They are one of the bigger unions shops in NJ and have a decent reputation as a contractor. Would I qualify to work for them? I don't know but I would have no problem taking a test to show them what I know and don't know and if it turns out I don't qualify, then I'm sure there's another shop out there I could work for and maybe after more experience I would someday qualify to work for them, if that's what i wanted to do. But negative comments or a negative attitude will never get you a job. This industry as big as it is, it is a small world. Be careful what you say and who you say it too. Lastly, I am not a book nerd, but feel i have done well for myself with a positive attitude. I never worked for Hughes either.
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    I was called in for a interview,im a lead tech at the company im currently working for, over 15 years in the field could not be better,their loss not mine, and im not the only one this happened too, i know a few guys who are very good at what they do and make over scale where they work that had the same thing happen to them, i think the way they interview is poor

Post Likes
    I was called in for a interview,im a lead tech at the company im currently working for, over 15 years in the field could not be better,their loss not mine, and im not the only one this happened too, i know a few guys who are very good at what they do and make over scale where they work that had the same thing happen to them, i think the way they interview is poor
    I went through the same interview with Hughes in 2005 and was offered a position. The only reason i didnt take it was because i had recived another job offer that was closer to home.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    If you are a lead tech at your company, over 15 years in the field and it could not be better, than may i ask why are you looking? What makes you think it was their loss? Are you really that good? Seems your not as happy as you claim if you were thinking about jumping ship?

Post Likes
    you must work for hughes cause your kissing their but this was before my current job keep sucking hughes but

Post Likes
    you must work for hughes cause your kissing their but this was before my current job keep sucking hughes but
    I told you in my first post I do not work for Hughes. I guess you can't read???? I am happy where I work, therefore there is no reason for me to look around. I am just merely stating the fact that you seem to be a very disgruntle individual who has nothing better to do than to bash a company you don't know anything about just because you were not what they consider to be what they are looking for. Your ego has certainly got the best of you. Good luck, because with your attitude, no one will ever want to hire someone like you. I am also Ex-Military. I don't kiss butt, I kick butt.

Post Likes
    I interviewed with Hughes before I decided to start my own business. Brian is a stand up individual and his company is first class. I will say this though, as now I am on the other side of the fence. As an owner you have every right to test and interview every potential employee that walks through the door. Hughes dumps a lot of resources into hiring and maintaining its employees. If you can't respect the process then you weren't cut out for the position. Everything must be earned and there are no such thing as handouts anymore.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in