Tracer SC question

I have 4 reliatel RTU units ( packaged gas heat , cooling , etc ) that have Tracer SC controllers ( comm4? ). The control system is not online but they are asking me to start the units for temp. heat. Can I just connect a zone sensor and or do I need to disconnect the comm board from the reliatel ? Replies appreciated.

If Tracer Summit is not in control as a first priority than the unit will look for another means for secondary control. Why don't you just simply install a conventional thermostat. It will work just fine that way.

Cool , I wasn't sure if the unit would just sit there if there was no communication. Thanks very much.

Hi!, I remember reliatel RTU is using COMM4. But Tracer SC don't have COMM4. It using COMM5, BACnet MSTP/IP only.

Quote Originally Posted by thientran View Post
    Hi!, I remember reliatel RTU is using COMM4. But Tracer SC don't have COMM4. It using COMM5, BACnet MSTP/IP only.
    You are exactly right, the SC does not do comm4, a BCU is need fot a gateway. It's pretty bad when their new "cutting edge" system doesn't support their own protocol.

Hi!,
    We no need BCU as gateway for SC. The BCI-R is gateway if you want intergrated beetwen Reliatel RTU and Tracer SC.