New Member From New York

New Member From New York

What's going on everyone? New member from New York here. Westchester area to be specific. I'm 21 and I've been in a BOCES HVAC course since last November. I'm really enjoying it! I love both installing and troubleshooting, the only thing I'm not too fond of right now is sheet metal work. I hope to improve on it though because I would like to be as well rounded as I can be.

Anyway, we just got the results back from our EPA exam today. I got a Universal!! Monday is the last day of class, and then I'm looking to go into the field as soon as possible. I've already been on a few side jobs that have went pretty well, but I'm excited about being able to do this 40 hours a week and really learn the trade.

I joined HVAC Talk because my instructor told me that there are very knowledgeable people here, and I want to learn as much as I can. Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope I can contribute to the knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadcool View Post
    What's going on everyone? New member from New York here. Westchester area to be specific. I'm 21 and I've been in a BOCES HVAC course since last November. I'm really enjoying it! I love both installing and troubleshooting, the only thing I'm not too fond of right now is sheet metal work. I hope to improve on it though because I would like to be as well rounded as I can be.

Anyway, we just got the results back from our EPA exam today. I got a Universal!! Monday is the last day of class, and then I'm looking to go into the field as soon as possible. I've already been on a few side jobs that have went pretty well, but I'm excited about being able to do this 40 hours a week and really learn the trade.

I joined HVAC Talk because my instructor told me that there are very knowledgeable people here, and I want to learn as much as I can. Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope I can contribute to the knowledge!
    Welcome and congratulations on your exam....

welcome aboard, you will need to get that post count up to 15 then apply for pro, or the answers you get will only be general in nature.

oh, make sure you read & comprehend the rules

did your instructor warn you there are some pricks on here, and you better not have thin skin.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    welcome aboard, you will need to get that post count up to 15 then apply for pro, or the answers you get will only be general in nature.

oh, make sure you read & comprehend the rules

did your instructor warn you there are some pricks on here, and you better not have thin skin.
    Yeah, he did. It's the same with almost any kind of forum though. Also no, I certainly do not have thin skin.

Any sections you guys recommend I pay more attention to than others?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadcool View Post
    Yeah, he did. It's the same with almost any kind of forum though. Also no, I certainly do not have thin skin.

Any sections you guys recommend I pay more attention to than others?
    Welcome here!

For now, read in the tech to tech chat, a lot of good discussions to be found. Once you get pro membership there is a ton of good stuff in the educational and technical forums.