Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have used dozens of small personal safes in hotel rooms. I don’t remember any of those appearing to be broken into easily. What price range were you looking at?

With a little ingenuity any safe, even the cheap ones, could be make non-removable. My safe as holes 16" on center.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I have used dozens of small personal safes in hotel rooms. I don’t remember any of those appearing to be broken into easily. What price range were you looking at?

With a little ingenuity any safe, even the cheap ones, could be make non-removable. My safe as holes 16" on center.
    I was looking at the small, gun specific safes. Those designed for quick and easy access. The price range that I recall was from $60 to about $250.

You're thinking of a valuables safe.

The small gun safes are different, Brian.

http://www.gunvault.com/minivault-gv1000s.html

This is one of the safes I was looking at.

Take a CLOSE look at the picture that details the mounting holes.

If you don't have or can't afford one of these http://www.lapolicegear.com/gun-mult...tric-safe.html I don't think you should have a gun. BTW I'm more worried about a teen relative knowing where the gun is and telling his friends it is unprotected, and getting shot by my own gun.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    If you don't have or can't afford one of these http://www.lapolicegear.com/gun-mult...tric-safe.html I don't think you should have a gun. BTW I'm more worried about a teen relative knowing where the gun is and telling his friends it is unprotected, and getting shot by my own gun.
    Again, unless it is mounted to something solid, it's a gift box that can be removed to someone's garage and opened at leisure.

Mounting it turns into a bit of a challenge as the mounting centers aren't optimal for typical construction practices, the mounting holes are too small for adequate hardware AND the amount of hand clearance available to tighten the mounting fasteners is barely adequate.

PLUS, it won't hold my shotgun.

It's not about affording it, it's about the TRUE value of the safe, and my opinion of these small safes is rather low. They're "feel good" safes that have no practical value.

Given a locked one of those, I could get it open in a matter of minutes in my garage. Of course, I've got plenty of tools, but I'm no better equipped than anyone who works on cars. I'm sure that a couple minutes with an angle grinder will open that SOB right up.

I'm telling you........A Liberty with a biometric lock is the $hit......Touch a button, put finger on it, and BAM....You're in! Remember, it's not just theft protection but fire as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123