The truth about gun safes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The truth about gun safes

This is a good education video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.
    Benjamin Franklin

Great video. Thanks for posting it.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

My safe is a diversion. While they are busy trying to get it open I will be firing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    My safe is a diversion. While they are busy trying to get it open I will be firing!
    I’ve seen that video before. What he leaves out is the vast majority of home burglars could not penetrate a cheap $500 gunsafe that is bolted to the wall. So what he is selling is designed more for commercial applications that attract professional burglars that are going after the big booty. Very similar to buying a Lamborghini that you will never take over 100mph.

So if you are leaving a gun outside your safe when you are not home it is essentially there for the taking…making it one more gun to hit the black market and kill some innocent person. If we could just start a campaign of guilt on those people that do that. But hey, I need my gun in my nightstand for that probably never in a lifetime chance of needing it. And what the heck, it’s only a $1,000 loss if stolen, and it isn’t my gun that killed that guy, it was the criminal that did it.

ControlsInMT is offline Professional Member/ARP Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    But hey, I need my gun in my nightstand for that probably never in a lifetime chance of needing it. And what the heck, it’s only a $1,000 loss if stolen, and it isn’t my gun that killed that guy, it was the criminal that did it.
    Nice to see you finally understand!!!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

I’ve seen that video before. What he leaves out is the vast majority of home burglars could not penetrate a cheap $500 gunsafe that is bolted to the wall. So what he is selling is designed more for commercial applications that attract professional burglars that are going after the big booty. Very similar to buying a Lamborghini that you will never take over 100mph.

So if you are leaving a gun outside your safe when you are not home it is essentially there for the taking…making it one more gun to hit the black market and kill some innocent person. If we could just start a campaign of guilt on those people that do that. But hey, I need my gun in my nightstand for that probably never in a lifetime chance of needing it. And what the heck, it’s only a $1,000 loss if stolen, and it isn’t my gun that killed that guy, it was the criminal that did it.
    You assume a great deal. At least one personal firearm is on my person at all times just as I am wearing one at the moment. Same with several other family members. The best place for a firearm is on your person. You know where it is, it is loaded, it is highly available and it is out of the reach of children.

You assume a great deal. At least one personal firearm is on my person at all times just as I am wearing one at the moment. Same with several other family members. The best place for a firearm is on your person. You know where it is, it is loaded, it is highly available and it is out of the reach of children.
    Great, I’m glad to hear that. It is also out of the reach of thieves. Now if you gun advocates would just get the other guys to lock up their guns too. But there is something about the wild-west, quick-draw, gun slinging mentality that does not like gun safes. They might use them to protect their stash of guns but not to keep them off the black market.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Nice to see you finally understand!!!
    It is unfortunate that you don’t.

ControlsInMT is offline Professional Member/ARP Committee
    It is unfortunate that you don’t.
    Again failed reading comprehension....you might want to ask for a refund on any education you paid for.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Again failed reading comprehension....you might want to ask for a refund on any education you paid for.
    Alway claiming to be misunderstood is the easiest cop-out.

Alway claiming to be misunderstood is the easiest cop-out.
    That's what President Obama does, claims to have been misunderstood.

That's what President Obama does, claims to have been misunderstood.
    You aren't lumping Controls down with Obama are you?

I would love to know where you get your burglary info. With today's portable tools you can get through some thick metal pretty fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast