+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metasys Graphics

Post Likes

Metasys Graphics

We use Metasys at our site to view HVAC info including temps, whether units are on/off etc. One of our users has discovered that when he logs into Metasys on his desktop PC, the application launches fine, but nothing is displayed in the right hand (focus?) window. For example, if we double click on Boilers to see temps and units running, the panel on the right side remains blank - nothing displays. Normally a user is able to right click on an item in the right panel and select whether to turn it off or turn it on, etc. However, if the same user logs into Metasys on any other PC in the building it functions fine. So it does not seem to be a problem with his user configuration in Metasys. I have uninstalled Java on his desktop (he had both 6 and 7 installed) reinstalled Java, uninstalled Firefox, reinstalled Firefox and checked his monitor settings. I also checked his Firefox add-ons/plugins and don;t see anything odd there either. Nothing has worked to display the data. The graphic files of our buildings areas (under the Graphics heading) DO display however. It is only the active monitoring stats that do not display in the right side panel. Any ideas what might be causing this? We are stumped.

Post Likes
    Try running it using internet explorer instead of firefox.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OStaine View Post
    Try running it using internet explorer instead of firefox.
    Did that too - does the same thing. Thanks!

Post Likes
    #1 is it GGT or Graphics Plus...

#2 Please tell me how you got firefox to open the ADS/NAE interface at all, I am very curious now.........
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    More information would be useful. Are you logging in to an ADX or NAE? What revision are you using? Are you talking about points directly under the controller or in a user view?

Post Likes
    Berg2666, sounds like they are running Ready Access Portal. It's the only way to view Metasys on Firefox.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    #1 is it GGT or Graphics Plus...

#2 Please tell me how you got firefox to open the ADS/NAE interface at all, I am very curious now.........
    IP address/metasys/webstart.aspx

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chewlak View Post
    More information would be useful. Are you logging in to an ADX or NAE? What revision are you using? Are you talking about points directly under the controller or in a user view?

NAE...user view

Post Likes
    We had this problem running IE9. If you uninstall the update the GGT graphic will load.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAdams View Post
    We had this problem running IE9. If you uninstall the update the GGT graphic will load.
    I don't think that's it either...I have the same version of IE on my computer, as the user does, and his Metasys login works fine on my computer. I even disabled IE on his PC and Metasys still did not display properly. I have attached an image of the Metasys screen...it is the information showing in the right panel that does not display properly on the user's PC.

Name:  Meta.jpg
Views: 4145
Size:  48.6 KB

Post Likes
    It's possible that are a different 'Object Category' (General/HVAC/Power/etc.) an that user doesn't have access to that category as defined in the security administration. Also check to ensure they're in single panel layout mode instead of just "maximizing" one of the focus screens... Finally make sure the focus screen is unlocked ... The little lock right under the "logout" button will lock/unlock the screen.

Charles

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_md View Post
    It's possible that are a different 'Object Category' (General/HVAC/Power/etc.) an that user doesn't have access to that category as defined in the security administration. Also check to ensure they're in single panel layout mode instead of just "maximizing" one of the focus screens... Finally make sure the focus screen is unlocked ... The little lock right under the "logout" button will lock/unlock the screen.

Charles
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty sure it's not a user permissions issue, since I can login with his credentials on my PC and it works fine. If it was a permission issue, his login would not work on my (or any other) pc.

The focus screen is unlocked (lock icon is not locked).

And I went to View/Panel Layout and selected Single Panel, and it is still blank.

Penny

Post Likes
    Okay,
    My next step would be to delete the Java temporary files in Control Panel > Java under the temporary Internet files section (settings button) those are XP directions, win7 may be different but will be close. I'd also delete all temp files in Internet explorer. That'll force a re-download of all the jar files for Metasys

Charles

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_md View Post
    Okay,
    My next step would be to delete the Java temporary files in Control Panel > Java under the temporary Internet files section (settings button) those are XP directions, win7 may be different but will be close. I'd also delete all temp files in Internet explorer. That'll force a re-download of all the jar files for Metasys

Charles
    Excellent ideas! Unfortunately those made no change to his Metasys window. It's very strange...when I double click on an item, I can see a slight shift in the window border, as if it thinks it loaded something, but there is no text visible.

Post Likes
    Uninstall then Re-install Java.
    Start with the newest version and work backwards. You should only have the newest compatible Java on the PC that Metasys (at whatever version you're running) supports. For instance, you shouldn't have any Java 7... no Java 6 Update 23 for you if you're rocking 4.1, etc. If you don't know what versions are compatible let me know what version of MSEA you're running (including patch) ... for instance the newest version at this moment is 5.2.10 (5.2 w/ the 5.3 CCT/GGT1.2 patch to .10). No need to install older version of Java unless you're running a dinosaur like 2.2 were you had to have two versions installed..
    Charles

Post Likes
    I had a similar issue about a year ago with a site. Checked and found an updated driver for my monitor. Fixed problem instantly. Just food for thought.

Post Likes
    check object category then uninstall JAVA and re-install the "old"
    version of JAVA that is needed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in