Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    heresjohnnyb I realize that there could be some concern as to the set up of the VAV's themselves. It would not hurt to check how the calibration function is performed by itself as Sycontrol has stated. Its certain that that static pressure can be maintained through CPL if set up for this type of control. If that's the case you will need to identify which CPL file is used and verify that it is set up correctly.

Also check the Intellipak which appears to be listed as CCP01-RTU01 which has a flow sensor failure. It is possible that the transducer has failed or maybe its performance has degraded.

Rtu 1 is a different building mr alco. there are about 25 facilities on our summit DB. There is one guy who can access rover at our company, so anything i find here i have to explain to him lol. I and my fellow techs have restricted access.You guys are awesome by the way. Im thinking we are on the right track. So what configurations must be fixed from rover. Just guessing its something in the vav setup that is a little off. Control dude and nurlchiller can you enlighten me more on updating the latest image into the boxes.I am new to summit and am trying to get familiar with it. Plus i gotta explain it to mr automation and our trane guy who believes in ghosts lol

You'll have to wait for Controldude to return. I've told you all that I know, and I probably wouldn't understand the procedure well enough to repeat it even if I got my buddy to explain it to me in detail. I'm an old chiller tech, now making a living as a HVAC tech in state buildings. My comfort level with Summit is slightly more than operator level. I will be following your progress. Good luck.

Alcomech's mention of calibration reminded me that while my Trane guy was here updating images he saw that my site was not programmed to regularly calibrate boxes. He scheduled a weekly calibration, during "Unoccupied" mode in the middle of the night. It is listed under "Setup", then "Schedules...". He named mine "VAV Recalibration Schedule", but I believe he created the name. Yours could have a different name. I don't know if a higher level of access is required to get there, or if you have it.

You will need the latest Rover and knowledge of it's use, then you just use the flash download wizard to reflash with the latest image. I have had problems with it not working the first try so before you do this the smartest thing to do is save a complete config. backup of every device or you may get real upset if it doesn't install correctly because it saves it's own backup but if it fails it doesn't keep the info so all flow gains, stpts, fan, heat options are gone. then you also have to unassign from summit and reassign all controllers that have been modified due to having a different program id now. good luck it is time consuming!

thanks for all of your help guys. i will give an update whan we give her a try. Thanks again

i had a couple of pneumatic tube connections on the box cracked, causing airflow to be intermittent.

Quote Originally Posted by sycontrol View Post
    I have Trane bacnet VAV UC400 controller that is doing similar things. when it goes from unocc to occ it's like it gets lost in its calibration. the graphic will show the damper at 100% but the measure air flow from the box is like 300 cfm with a minimum heat of 600cfm. I have to lower the min flow setpoint and then the box recalibrates (I'm assuming because the reported damper position is -22% and active flow SP goes to 0cfm) and all is well for another day. The issue is when it's like this the box heat won't come on. I have be doing this and searching for a solution. I called my Trane rep but so far no call back yet.
    Hey Sycontrol I was wondering if you ever fixed your problem with erratic flow readings. Just a thought that you want to verify that the graphic is referencing the right VAV or UCM. I have seen it that when the graphics are set up that this sometimes has been overlooked.

Good info, Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12