Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

tracer summit vav low air flow alarm nuisance (daily)

I have a building with three intellipacks hooked up to three floors of vav boxes. Comm 5 boxes all trane. One intelli per floor. Also running VAS. No issues with the system besides daily nuisance alarms of low air flow for random vav boxes on each floor. I know it has been looked at in the past, and it was determined that the building has GHOSTS. The alarms are always in the morning when the vav system recalibrates, I THINK. They give alarms for low air flow, and within a few minutes , they go alarm to normal. Just wondering if anyone has seen this.. All the VAV boxes are all daisy chained together in strange ways i was told by another tech. This is a Lontalk event also. HELLLLPP! would be greatly appreciated.

Yep. My building did this. I have about 150 boxes. My Trane guy said it didn't affect operation, it was just a nuisance. It could also bump old, important alarms off the log replacing important info with useless info. He was able able to get it to stop, but it took him a couple days of programming changes made at the BCU's. Like one small change, made numerous times, for each box. Using his laptop. He was very familar with this and knew exactly what needed to be done. I'm not knowlegable enough to say what it was, but I'm sure others here are. As should be your local Trane controls tech.

Trane guy said ghosts. Lol. Thanks for your input. We are on the right track I think

Is the Tracer controlling the Intellipak or is it set up as local control.
    What is the set point for static pressure and where is the static pressure pick up tube located.
    Does the Intellipak have Statictrac control option.
    I assume you have a VFD for motor speed control.
    Are you providing morning warm when this happen

Here is some info

Look at this info
    Attached Images Attached Images

Load the latest image into the boxes problem solved. ie: 0008_VV550_Appl_1_6_4.NXE

Area control and they are all on drives. It does have morning warmup and night economize. Thanks for the PDF files. They should help. There are around 250 vav in the building and about 25 vav send the event of low air. The rest are happy happyName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359635076.657546.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  50.4 KB

the units operate off of a static setpoint value that is calculated from the vas and cpl. So it changes periodically to compensate for the load on the building.

I believe this is a Summit issue, not an Intellipak issue. I'll try to get in touch and ask my Trane guy what he did. He did say at the time that this building was being commisioned when a (software?) change was made by Trane. He felt that the change should have been made then. That enabled him to negotiate (with his boss) a significant cost reduction for his time to make the change.

Area control and they are all on drives. It does have morning warmup and night economize. Thanks for the PDF files. They should help. There are around 250 vav in the building and about 25 vav send the event of low air. The rest are happy happyName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359635076.657546.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  50.4 KB

Just talked to my buddy. Controldude nailed it in post #7. He said Rover is needed to do it. Although, I remember him being at my workstation to complete it. I thought he was doing the last few from here, but maybe not. I definately remember him getting frustrated with slow load times from here, and sometimes having to attempt it a second time. Maybe he just preferred using Rover rather than having to.
    Last edited by Nuclrchiller; 01-31-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Info about workststion.

I have Trane bacnet VAV UC400 controller that is doing similar things. when it goes from unocc to occ it's like it gets lost in its calibration. the graphic will show the damper at 100% but the measure air flow from the box is like 300 cfm with a minimum heat of 600cfm. I have to lower the min flow setpoint and then the box recalibrates (I'm assuming because the reported damper position is -22% and active flow SP goes to 0cfm) and all is well for another day. The issue is when it's like this the box heat won't come on. I have be doing this and searching for a solution. I called my Trane rep but so far no call back yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast