JCI NAE features

Hallo everyone,
    I would like to ask if someone knows if there is a way to do mass interlocks or multi commands in a text way somewhere hidden in the jci NAE controller, connecting with remote desktop maybe.... i know that In old NCM's you could write some basics and do these things really fast.
    Thanks

Only SCT that I know of. Maybe someone else can shed some light.

NAE Point schedule xls

Tuscon,

Is this a branch only tool or method?

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolthis View Post
    Tuscon,

Is this a branch only tool or method?
    Yep.

i have the Branch Purchase Package but i don't think it is in it. Maybe it's in a different package?

AIM tools I think. IMO the MSEA is a PIA for some of this simple stuff. Like the FX better.

Quote Originally Posted by NSSF View Post
    Hallo everyone,
    I would like to ask if someone knows if there is a way to do mass interlocks or multi commands in a text way somewhere hidden in the jci NAE controller, connecting with remote desktop maybe.... i know that In old NCM's you could write some basics and do these things really fast.
    Thanks
    Lets see if I understand your question regarding mass interlocks or Multi-Commands.
    - The answer that you may want to us on your NAE Server or individual NAE, depending on your Rev #(I believe 5.1, 5.2, maybe earlier w/ 5.0), would be to use the Global Search selection under the Query Tab.

As an example, you can use this Tab to Globally Search for All "VAV Heating Setpoints", if you have kept a "Naming Convention" in place for all your sites & use * as wildcard where needed, which could possibly look like this in the Search area "*VAV*Heating Setpoint". The Server will then bring in every VAV Heating Setpoint it can find & load them in the Search Results area. Once all points are in the Search Result area, you can select individual Points to Command or Modify using the Control button or Shift depending on what you want to do 'or' you can push the Select All button & Command or Modify all VAV Heating Setpoints.
    **There will be problems with Commands if you have item types that are incompatible, which in my case, happened to be all the VAV * Effective Heating Setpoint & VAV * Unocc Heating Setpoint. If you run into this, then adjust the words in your search to only bring in the same type in your Search.

I learned this on my own, as I have the time here at the School Board and I rarely share it, unless I like the person (Too Many Backstabbers in Government) & believe it or not many of the JCI Tech's do not know how to effectively use this tool, but I have shown them for the back scratch that I will need later from them. This technique is available to most users & will save you so much time, verses the old tedious way, where it was best for the tech to use their Configuration tool to build, edit, add or remove Points.

Check it out, as this may solve part of your needs. I may have totally misinterpreted what you are asking fo, but my answer will help many guys out there who while now look like they are performing Magic when they change the Heating Setpoints in 10 sites, with 1 search and right click command, wait until complete and it will tell you how many you just changed and how many could not be changed because of 1 reason or another, but usually power is turned off.

You can use this method to modify a massive amount of similar points that you want to all have the same or correct Engineering Unit, Object Category, Change of Value Increment, Display precision, etc...

Good luck, & keep a hush about this, as only the lucky few who read the users guide or checks here will know how to do this.
    "Please, Do Not Shoot the Messenger!!!"

"It is not what you Know, but rather, Knowing where to find the answer when you need it"

I misinterpreted your post originally.. Are you talking about writing a program that you can re-use or a one time (manual) command like all the responses you've gotten so far? There is access to control systems via Remote Desktop but they are in XML... I imagine you could do copy and paste to build a larger CS.. I've never looked for interlocks on the NAE. Good luck...

I believe NSSF wants to make an interlock object that is usually put in the programming folder. To interlock a few points it is pretty easy to do the point and click method to fill in the linked objects. If there are a lot of objects or a lot of similar interlocks, a text file to edit would be easier and faster. There must be an XML file someplace when SCT uploads the NAE. I do not know how to locate this or edit it, but I think that is what NSSF is looking for.

If this is possible I would love to hear a solution. It's painful the way it is setup now.

When we remote desktop in, where are these .xml files kept?

The Control System are in the website directory under N50... A DOS search of a name of one of the interlocks will assist you in finding them if they aren't rolled into a database.