New Heat Pump Lineset Vibrating on House

We are enjoying our new Goodman heat pump and air handler which we had installed this fall.

It has always made a vibration noise that I tracked down to the lineset apparently vibrating against the house where it goes in from outside. If I press on a line while someone is listening inside, it goes away. It seems to be mostly the liquid line, but the suction line might do it too.

So I'm thinking it's a simple matter of getting some foam insulation in there to isolate them. There is some putty around them now. The contractor has not returned my phone call regarding this (he's often slow to respond), and I'm also thinking this should be a simple fix for me to do. I know DIY is not condoned here, but I feel foolish chasing down my contractor and insisting on a service call if I can easily just stuff some foam or something in there.

Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

David

This post has been viewed 120 times already and nobody has a suggestion? C'mon, guys!

David

It should be realatively simple to figure out, just use your mind to "bend" reality to fit your demensions.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Well heck, enlarge hole and put insulation around pipes, just be careful around these pipes! What have you got to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by db4570 View Post
    This post has been viewed 120 times already and nobody has a suggestion? C'mon, guys!

David
    David, just slide the unit over about 1/2 inch one way or the other, I have seen this fix issues like yours many times. Don't jerk it or slide it over a foot or two, just gently slide it over about 1/2 in. it will not hurt a thing.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Thanks, guys. Will see what I can accomplish. Do you recommend anything other than plain old pink fiberglass insulation? I'm a little nervous about mice being able to squeeze through.

Thanks again!

David

Stop by a Westlake hardware, or Lowe's etc. and get a short piece of pipe insulation. It usually comes in 3 foot sections and is made of foam.

I'll give that a try. I didn't know if you guys used something special or not. Thanks!

David