Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The booth where I had a "mind = blown" moment.

I feel like this is what I've been waiting for, for the better part of 2 decades now.

I'll have more pictures in the next day or so, but here are a couple of teasers.

The case these items are in also serves as a recharging station for the rechargeable batteries in each one.

I took a picture of the wrong screen, one of them shows the SH and SC calculations, along with saturated temperatures, and readings for up to 10 sensors.

And yes, it is exactly what it appears to be, and with a 100 YARD range on the transmitters for the US product, the rest of the world gets a 200 yard range.

Expect to pay in the $2500 range once there is a place to buy it from in the US.
    http://www.metreco.com/
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Is it really coming to market? They were at past shows. Were they at the Inficon booth again this year or have their own?
    If I remember right the box is a charger too
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Looks neat. I'd be in, but not for that price tag.....

Pricey as it is, it should be remembered that others have offered less functionality for more money.

I definitely think this is headed in the right direction. I still don't understand why somebody doesn't snap a module on the end of a smartphone or tablet for the communications and use the power of mass production to drop the cost and complexity of producing these devices. That way they can focus on the sensors and the programming of features.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Saw these at Chillventa in Germany in 2010. Was told they would be in the states soon. Still waiting

One thing that would tip it over the edge for me is if they make a wireless temp/humidity probe, that can be inserted through a test hole in a duct.
    I talked to them about it a bit, and they seemed to be on board with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ETC1 View Post
    Still waiting
    Not for long.

They may have a web shop up for it in the near future, or who knows, maybe the guys at TrueTech Tools will take a liking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    One thing that would tip it over the edge for me is if they make a wireless temp/humidity probe, that can be inserted through a test hole in a duct.
    I talked to them about it a bit, and they seemed to be on board with it.

Not for long.

They may have a web shop up for it in the near future, or who knows, maybe the guys at TrueTech Tools will take a liking to it.
    I have had good luck using an inexpensive wireless weather monitor with 3 probes. One does humidity and 2 temp. If I remember correctly it advertises a 330 ft range. In a straight line of sight it has no trouble with that distance and I have had no trouble the few times I have used it. It may have been $40.00 or so with the extra probe.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I have had good luck using an inexpensive wireless weather monitor with 3 probes. One does humidity and 2 temp. If I remember correctly it advertises a 330 ft range. In a straight line of sight it has no trouble with that distance and I have had no trouble the few times I have used it. It may have been $40.00 or so with the extra probe.
    Do any of them have a temp/humidity probe that can be inserted trough a test hole in a duct though?

Most of the residential systems I work on have ducted returns, with the air handling equipment in the attic, so I need the conditions of the air where it actually enters the coil.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Do any of them have a temp/humidity probe that can be inserted trough a test hole in a duct though?

Most of the residential systems I work on have ducted returns, with the air handling equipment in the attic, so I need the conditions of the air where it actually enters the coil.
    Yeah the probe is prob a 1/4 inch with a 2' wire if I recall.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

I've used the same set up but the down fall was customer gripes about how long the call took dialing in a system in the residential world. The other issue here in Oklahoma was the heat kills the cheap screen and you get the black screen of death! Other than those issues I agree it worked flawlessly!

To bad we can't get the 200 yard version, I hate having to hunt for signals on my wireless probes.

So I'm not up on all of this wireless stuff. What will be the advantage of something like this over something like the SMAN4? And visa versa?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast