+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Veto backpack pictures, lots of them!

Post Likes

New Veto backpack pictures, lots of them!

The whole thing is the same great materials and construction we are used to, and it has a lot of interesting features.

The bag can be hung by this hook and strap that tucks neatly out of the way when not needed.

Pulling on these straps cinches the bag up tight against your back.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Just wondering if the back is solid or just fabric. All I can think of is carrying 30-40 pound pack with screwdriver or pliers jabbing me in the back. I'm really hoping that's a fairly solid piece that will sit flat across your back without anything jabbing you. Otherwise I love what it looks like. Just hoping the cost is not to prohibitive.

Post Likes
    Here's my concern on this backpack and, really all tool backpacks.

If you're carrying more than a few pounds in a backpack, you really should be using a hip belt to distribute the weight onto hips and the larger muscles of the legs.

The shoulder straps shouldn't support any weight when worn properly, just balance the pack on your body and keep it from tipping backwards.

Carrying a 30-40 pound backpack that is built and worn improperly is going to lead to back problems and balance problems (icy roof falls, anyone?)

Ok, my say has been said, I'll shut up, now.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the REAL pics Mark!! Looks like a LC size or smaller but with a better lay out. Is the base wide enough to not tip over with tools in it and will the straps fall to the ground when set down? or is that the whole point to the hook on top??
    Are you going back today?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Just wondering if the back is solid or just fabric. All I can think of is carrying 30-40 pound pack with screwdriver or pliers jabbing me in the back. I'm really hoping that's a fairly solid piece that will sit flat across your back without anything jabbing you. Otherwise I love what it looks like. Just hoping the cost is not to prohibitive.
    There isn't a solid piece on the side that rides on your back, but with the padding, and thickness of the layers of material, stuff poking you in the back won't be an issue. The side of the bag where you would keep screw drivers and such is not the one with the shoulder straps anyway.

It will be in the $230 range.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Here's my concern on this backpack and, really all tool backpacks.
    If you're carrying more than a few pounds in a backpack, you really should be using a hip belt to distribute the weight onto hips and the larger muscles of the legs.
    The shoulder straps shouldn't support any weight when worn properly, just balance the pack on your body and keep it from tipping backwards.
    Carrying a 30-40 pound backpack that is built and worn improperly is going to lead to back problems and balance problems (icy roof falls, anyone?)
    Ok, my say has been said, I'll shut up, now.
    It is for packing tools maybe a few hundred yards, not hiking 10 miles!
    It also has to be compact and tight enough against your body to make it up safety ladders, through roof/attic hatches, etc..
    I'm thinking the body mechanics, and slippery surface balance, are substantially better than having 30+ pounds of tools hanging to one side, off one shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Mark!! Looks like a LC size or smaller but with a better lay out. Is the base wide enough to not tip over with tools in it and will the straps fall to the ground when set down? or is that the whole point to the hook on top??
    Are you going back today?
    When you set it down, the straps are as they appear in pics 2 and 3. The straps are connected to the metal piece that has tabs that hook under the handle, and should stay off the ground as long as it is left connected. It does have to be unhooked to access that side of the bag though, and there really isn't a way to keep them off the ground if you want into that side.
    It does have the hook that the whole bag can be hung from if you need to keep it off the ground, and have something to hang it from.
    The bag won't tip over because the bulk of the tool storage is down low. It has the footprint of a Tech-LC, but is substantially taller, with much more internal room, and more/larger pockets.

Post Likes
    Looks nice.

Are they making the zippers stronger? My LC has another broken zipper, and it isn't over loaded, only 26 lbs.

Post Likes
    The rounded shape instead of the squared off shape of the regular pac might help the wear and tear.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    It is for packing tools maybe a few hundred yards, not hiking 10 miles!
    It also has to be compact and tight enough against your body to make it up safety ladders, through roof/attic hatches, etc..
    I'm thinking the body mechanics, and slippery surface balance, are substantially better than having 30+ pounds of tools hanging to one side, off one shoulder.
    I'm a stickler for a hip belt. To the point of installing them on packs that didn't have one.

Maybe having back surgery at 15 has something to do with that...

I've never had a desire for a backpack toolbag. If I were buying one, I'd probably buy this one.

Post Likes
    I would have liked to see a telescopic handle and wheels like my Mikita cordless tool bag.

I will stick with my current tool bag and rope. Climbing up a ladder with 30+ lbs of tools on your back is asking for it. I didn't see a small plastic case for stake ones fittings etc. it's an LC with straps

Post Likes
    I still wonder why people carry ALL their tools to a roof top. if you're doing an install, you need more than a backpack can carry, and if you're doing maint./repairs you need less than a backpack does carry. I don't get it. I just use a bucket, toss in what i need and haul it up the rope.

what am I missing here?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    I still wonder why people carry ALL their tools to a roof top. if you're doing an install, you need more than a backpack can carry, and if you're doing maint./repairs you need less than a backpack does carry. I don't get it. I just use a bucket, toss in what i need and haul it up the rope.

what am I missing here?
    I've got 2 bags.

A VetoLC and a Veto MB.

The MB carries on the side of the LC.

If I'm just running out to "check" something, I'll grab the MB with a small socket set, impact driver, meter and maybe a couple of other tools in my pocket and go.

If it's broken and I know I'm in for a good stay on the roof, I'll just drag the whole bag along.

Post Likes

what am I missing here?
    agree `, need to make it smaller !

Post Likes
    230 dollars is alittle ridiculous for a back pack.. I own a LC and had it for over 5 years and had it replaced under warranty a couple of times and made it worth the cost, $110 dollars at the time.

Think when my LC dies and if I want a backpack it will not be this one unless it goes on sale... I think the 130-160 dollar range would be reasonable for this bag.

They will probably run another sale for a free MB when they aren't selling a bunch of them at over 2 bills a wack. JMHO

Post Likes

what am I missing here?
    I do the same but I tie the rope to the tool bag and drag it up no bucket no moving tools. I have my man purse ( electrician bag) to do filters maintaence.

Post Likes
    Keep in mind that the bag on display at the AHR Expo is the prototype, so the final version may well have some revisions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    230 dollars is alittle ridiculous for a back pack.. I own a LC and had it for over 5 years and had it replaced under warranty a couple of times and made it worth the cost, $110 dollars at the time.

Think when my LC dies and if I want a backpack it will not be this one unless it goes on sale... I think the 130-160 dollar range would be reasonable for this bag.

They will probably run another sale for a free MB when they aren't selling a bunch of them at over 2 bills a wack. JMHO
    I agree with this statement. Love my xl but it has rips on both sides from hauling up and down the roof after less than a year of use. Not sure I will spring for that much on the next bag.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes

what am I missing here?
    I do a lot of installs. I lug my heavy xl to the roof. I tried to just throw what I think I need in something like another bag or bucket but I always wind up making ten trips up and down the ladder to end up with most of my bag anyway. I do have a smaller bag for service with mostly what I need already in it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I've got 2 bags.

A VetoLC and a Veto MB.

The MB carries on the side of the LC.

If I'm just running out to "check" something, I'll grab the MB with a small socket set, impact driver, meter and maybe a couple of other tools in my pocket and go.

If it's broken and I know I'm in for a good stay on the roof, I'll just drag the whole bag along.
    This will be my plan IF Veto ever sends out the second bag... been waiting a month now and still no show.... Not looking good at buying anything ever again from veto.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    This will be my plan IF Veto ever sends out the second bag... been waiting a month now and still no show.... Not looking good at buying anything ever again from veto.
    Are you waiting for the free one? What do they say when you call them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in