New Veto backpack pictures, lots of them! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    230 dollars is alittle ridiculous for a back pack.. I own a LC and had it for over 5 years and had it replaced under warranty a couple of times and made it worth the cost, $110 dollars at the time.

Think when my LC dies and if I want a backpack it will not be this one unless it goes on sale... I think the 130-160 dollar range would be reasonable for this bag.

They will probably run another sale for a free MB when they aren't selling a bunch of them at over 2 bills a wack. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    I still wonder why people carry ALL their tools to a roof top. if you're doing an install, you need more than a backpack can carry, and if you're doing maint./repairs you need less than a backpack does carry. I don't get it. I just use a bucket, toss in what i need and haul it up the rope.

what am I missing here?
    I do the same but I tie the rope to the tool bag and drag it up no bucket no moving tools. I have my man purse ( electrician bag) to do filters maintaence.

Keep in mind that the bag on display at the AHR Expo is the prototype, so the final version may well have some revisions.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    230 dollars is alittle ridiculous for a back pack.. I own a LC and had it for over 5 years and had it replaced under warranty a couple of times and made it worth the cost, $110 dollars at the time.

Think when my LC dies and if I want a backpack it will not be this one unless it goes on sale... I think the 130-160 dollar range would be reasonable for this bag.

They will probably run another sale for a free MB when they aren't selling a bunch of them at over 2 bills a wack. JMHO
    I agree with this statement. Love my xl but it has rips on both sides from hauling up and down the roof after less than a year of use. Not sure I will spring for that much on the next bag.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    I still wonder why people carry ALL their tools to a roof top. if you're doing an install, you need more than a backpack can carry, and if you're doing maint./repairs you need less than a backpack does carry. I don't get it. I just use a bucket, toss in what i need and haul it up the rope.

what am I missing here?
    I do a lot of installs. I lug my heavy xl to the roof. I tried to just throw what I think I need in something like another bag or bucket but I always wind up making ten trips up and down the ladder to end up with most of my bag anyway. I do have a smaller bag for service with mostly what I need already in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I've got 2 bags.

A VetoLC and a Veto MB.

The MB carries on the side of the LC.

If I'm just running out to "check" something, I'll grab the MB with a small socket set, impact driver, meter and maybe a couple of other tools in my pocket and go.

If it's broken and I know I'm in for a good stay on the roof, I'll just drag the whole bag along.
    This will be my plan IF Veto ever sends out the second bag... been waiting a month now and still no show.... Not looking good at buying anything ever again from veto.

Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    This will be my plan IF Veto ever sends out the second bag... been waiting a month now and still no show.... Not looking good at buying anything ever again from veto.
    Are you waiting for the free one? What do they say when you call them?

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Are you waiting for the free one? What do they say when you call them?
    Yes I'm waiting on the free one.
    The paper work was mailed off to them on the 26th of December.

I tried a few different forms of contact, via facebook. First was told turn around time was a week or two when the form was received. Two weeks passed I contacted via private message. I was told customer service would call me(never did).
    I emailed and got a quick reply but the follow up took a week to get the info.
    while I was told it would be a day to get the info.
    while waiting on the email reply I called and was told they would ship out at the end of January.
    I finally got an email today telling me the bag would ship this week.
    Time will tell if that holds true.
    Decent bag but they executed this buy one get one free very poorly if you ask me.

I was at the show also and picked up the TP3..The backpack looked very nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12