Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classes

Classes

Is it beat to sit back and be quiet or to be that guy asking all the questions. I have a class to attend that may very well be over my head but can't hurt to learn something. Just don't wanna take time away from those that needier advanced info than I.

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    I would say somewhere in between. Going to 2 classes this month myself. One will probably more of a refresher and one will be a lot of new stuff.

if in doubt, as the class goes on, make a list of questions. at the break or whenever the situation presents itself, ask the instructor (yes, you may have to stand in line). good instructors will bring the question up again if necessary, to inform the others in attendance.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Can't learn without asking. You owe it to yourself to be the best you can be.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Can't learn without asking. You owe it to yourself to be the best you can be.
    I agree 100%.

If you don't ask you may regret it later.

Just don't be "that guy"
    You know that guy that knows everything before he gets there and argues with the instructor.
    Can't stand that guy!
    I had to sit next to that guy for three days at a NCI air balancing class. What a POS!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Don't intend to be "that guy" but as a refrigeration and rooftop rtu guy attending a screw chiller class I assume I will spend most of my time bewildered. Also I don't wanna be the guy that opens his big mouth. I was told a long time ago " better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" .

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Don't intend to be "that guy" but as a refrigeration and rooftop rtu guy attending a screw chiller class I assume I will spend most of my time bewildered. Also I don't wanna be the guy that opens his big mouth. I was told a long time ago " better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" .
    Sorry, my intention was not to label you as "that guy"
    Was just having fun on "that guy's" behalf

Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

In my experience any question that I have ever asked was also in the minds of others in the class that also had doubts about asking that question on that particular subject. How do I know this? Cause after class some have told me that were glad I asked that question since it was on their mind too.

There is a difference between asking a question and listening to the answer from the instructor and phasing a question to make a speech. And we all can tell the difference.

Ask you question and then listen to the answer. If that brings up another question and the answer doesn't be come evident then ask that question too. But make sure you have read whatever the instructor has asked you to read before that class. Some don't and take up class time by asking questions about what was already covered in the required reading before class.

So ask away.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Ask. Unless its a BS continuing ED class for license renewal you are there to advace your level, as are the others in the class. Don't be scared. If you have a question trust me most of the people around you have the same question. Be that guy who ain't skeered to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Sorry, my intention was not to label you as "that guy"
    Was just having fun on "that guy's" behalf

No I know you we're I actually hate "that guy" too

The more questions, the better. I think it's better when the attendees are engaged in discussion, instead of just blankly staring at a powerpoint while some guy narrates.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast