+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane Tracer Summit VAV II/III UCM Reheat Valve Water Flush

Post Likes

Trane Tracer Summit VAV II/III UCM Reheat Valve Water Flush

Does anyone know of an easy way to globally force Trane VAV UCMs on a summit network to drive all the reheat valves open? I know there is a check box setting on one of the UCM tab pages in UCM setup, but can't find a reference value to setup as a cpl command. Otherwise, the only way I can think of how to do this is to set a cpl command to globally override the heating setpoints, then release at the same command level.

Any better ideas?

Post Likes
    You should have a VAV calibrate schedule that I believe opens and closes the air valve and water valve during this recalibration.

Post Likes
    Are you using this for morning warm-up? It sounds like you are trying to command the hot water valve at 100% open. I know that you can control the air valve in the set up of the VAS and control the air valve to max open. This is located in the override tab and will have an option there for this set up.

But I will have to check what will command the hot water valve.

What type of air handler do you have and does this unit have some form of heat in it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chadtech View Post
    You should have a VAV calibrate schedule that I believe opens and closes the air valve and water valve during this recalibration.
    I'm pretty sure the calibration drives both valves closed and then opens them as necessary. So if re-heat isn't necessary then it won't open the valve.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    I'm pretty sure the calibration drives both valves closed and then opens them as necessary. So if re-heat isn't necessary then it won't open the valve.

That's what I'm hoping to do - the floating reheat valves tend to get "lost", so I need to intermittently drive them open, then closed, then release to automatic control.

Couldnt find where to set up the global valve calibration - is it in Area control or VAS?

Post Likes
    You need to create a BOP and place it in a TOD schedule. Then reference it to the calibration point in the VAV editor.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in